Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Guys, I appreciate the show reports, but how in the world can anyone really know that something sounds better than another at a show in those conditions?  Just wondering.  That's one reason I love Matt's approach. Get things in YOUR room and your system and listen.  I get that you can like or not like something, but I've always giving things extra chances if I hear them in a story or someone else's system if I don't like them at first.  Not flaming anyone, but I have heard my Mac Mini, modded big time by Steven N vs Antipodes and Aurender in my own system.  I know steven likes the Antipodes better, but I didn't hear such a huge difference that it made me even think of switching.  I respect the heck out of Steve and love my OSDE/SE, but again, we all hear things differently.  Soon the servers will be even better and less money.  I personally am waiting on Melco and also MQA to be offered.  I"ve heard some MQA in an all Meridian system (I don't usually like Meridian, but it sounded great) and I think it may be a difference maker.  Time will tell obviously.  

I heard the Music Vault in NH as well as Encore Audio in Sarasota two weeks ago and was impressed.  I've spoken to Neal in the past and he's a great guy who will custom build anything you want.  It's still on my short list of potential servers as I love the built in ripper that I wish all servers had.  
ctsooner, did you and Matt hear the same Antipodes DX server?  I ask because neither of you were impressed, so I am curious whether there may have been an issue with the unit you heard.  Stranger things have happened.  I am not saying it is the the greatest thing to come along for digital music, but I do hear it like Steve does, and over here it was clearly fuller, richer and more musical than a very well-appointed, and good-sounding, Mojo Mac mini with all the bells and whistles.  It has the ripper you desire, so easy, you put in the disc and it rips and stores the file as lossless flac for immediate access in your library.
While on the subject of servers. Did anyone get the chance to hear the LH Labs crowd funded server called Source at CES 2016? Would just like to get an opinion how it compares against Mac Mini and other servers already out there like Aurender or Antipodes.
Not sure which one Matt had in.  I think he probably had the DX.  Not sure if it was the 2.0 or not. I heard the DS as that's more in line with the price range I have to look at.  
@dgarretson- I've had a MusicVault (or more correctly) MusicVaults for about 5 years.  Worked my way up through the line to a Pearl or Emerald(or maybe a hybrid, I can't remember).  Anyways I'm very happy w it.  I heard the Antipodes once in a totally unfamiliar system so there is no way I can compare the two, but I will tell you that Neal is very easy to work with and very responsive.  He will even log onto your device to help you out.  Because the MusicVault is a modified Windows computer it can easily be upgraded with additional storage, newer OS or better output devices. Neal has been very helpful in making recommendations in that regard; once even telling me that an upgrade I was trying to order would offer no benefits.