So many variables with audio

I notice when someone ask a question about a system or just a component they get a million different answers. Do you sometimes get frustrated over all the different answers and want to take a break from this whole thing? Or does it make you more curious than ever and you want to try anything that is humanely possible?
taters
You get a million different answers, because of the many different experiences. I recently changed from an integrated amp to separates. My speakers sound significantly different now. So, if someone listened to my speakers with the integrated they would describe what they hear totally differently from what they hear with the separates. The fun and frustration of being an audiophile are the endless combinations that can make a system enjoyable or disappointing.
Adding to the frustration is the fact that when a potential equipment purchase is auditioned, you're listening to the sum total of the system, not just the new piece. Is that sibilance or lack of midrange clarity the fault of the new speakers I'm thinking of buying or is it something else in the chain?

Yes but does not pay to be frustrated by that.   It is what it is, just one data point.  You need many to be able to draw reliable conclusions. Good things never come easy.
Sometimes yes, sometimes, no, sometimes maybe, but then maybe not.
Could be, should be, would be, but as always YMMV.