R.I.P. David Bowie

Passed yesterday after a long battle with cancer. He was 69 years old. Goodbye Major Tom, you will be missed.

128x128tom6897
Bowie was certainly one of the most original artists of a generation. I think my favorite Bowie album is "Station to Station" or maybe "Young Americans", although the truth is that he has so many fantastic moments in his catalogue that it is hard to pick just one. The world needs artists to blaze new trails rather than just react to what labels think will sell. Bowie epitomized that spirit and will be missed. 
I was taken aback from the news this morning. Ziggy Stardust was one of my favorite albums when young. I saw him when he made a guest appearance with Morrissey and he got the place to it's feet. The stage just got a bit smaller.

All the best,
Nonoise
This is what happens to our generation now.....we lose the artists of our youth. 
Another one takes the stairway to heaven.Put on those dancin shoes and dance.RIP Mr. king of Ziggy Pop.
Beyond his personal output, Bowie was a very influential and interesting artist. Definitely a guy who made a difference in his own unique way and hard to ignore. An artist I still feel compelled to hear for fear of missing something at a minimum. His loss will surely be felt by many.