are magnepan mmg any good and intergrated amp suggestion for them

Looking to setup 2nd system without spending a lot of cash. How are the magnepans mmg and integrated amp suggestions thank you.
dmast
The MMGs are excellent.  They do need some room away from the front wall to image properly and have that great depth.  You can't just plop them down anywhere and expect them to sound good.

They are also a little power hungry.  The more power the better.

As long as you intend to listen from only one position in the room, they’re great(kind of a personal-listening system). Not much output, below 50Hz. All caveats, mentioned by Mofi apply.  The MG12/QR is another good, smaller Maggie, in the price range.
Decent speaker.  As stated they do need some room around them and they are power hungry.  Need LOTS of damping factor or the panels flop around and are unruly.  For example, an older Hafler 120 or 220 will stay with them.
I have had and enjoyed Magneplanar 1.7s for over two years now. Maggie panels are a revelation. Even though my previous speakers were designed to reduce cabinet resonances as much as possible, I was unprepared for how *quiet* Magnepan speakers are, and how much noise and chesty resonances lurk in most dynamic speakers unless the designers take Herculean (and expensive) efforts to stifle box resonances. Then there's the larger radiation surface, which helps music scale up and down with ease. Even with the MMGs, their radiating surface is closer in size to a piano soundboard than a 6.5" woofer and 1" tweeter could ever hope to be. The effect is mesmerizing.

As for an amp, I find the NAD BEE series of integrated amps to be an excellent match. Buy the one you can afford. I auditioned the 1.7s with an NAD C175BEE (150 wpc) and it was a great match. They are very stable into 4 ohms and have a detailed yet organic presentation.

The MMGs are light. You can put them up against a wall when you aren't listening to them, in which case they take up very little space in your living area. Then you can bring them out into the room for optimum sound. 

For more bass you could get the Super MMG package, which adds the $800 DWM bass panel for just $600 over a pair of MMGs by themselves. 
I was surprised how good the MMG sounded in my small home office without "proper placement", though as johnnyb53 points out, it just takes seconds to slide them. Magnepan recommends to mark the spot ! I used Portal Panache, great combo...