Smooth Highs and Deep Bass

Looking for advise on an RCA interconnect that can tame the digital edge from my SS ARC CD3 mkII and also has low-end extension.

System is:
Rogue Preseus Magnum preamp (w/ Mullards), Sunfire 300, Gallo Classico CL-3’s, Blue Circle Power conditioning

Cables are:
Purist Audio Museous IC from pre to amp
Purist Audio Aqueous speaker cables
Audience PowerChords

For the CDP, I have tried Cardas Parsec and Clear Sky; did a great job of smoothing out the highs, but had no low-end.
Cardas Clear Light; too harsh, but great dynamics.
Cardas Golden Reference; too coloured.
Purist Museous; highs were not smooth enough, great dynamics.

Budget is under $500 (1 meter), not looking for a detailed cable, system already has detail.
Need smooth highs, open, with deep low-end. I’m already renting from the Cable Company and need additional assistance.

128x128lowrider57
This exercise is a noble effort but unless someone has your exact system AND close proxy in listening environment (with all its non- subtle warts) it's just (regrettably ) just a blind stab at best.

These blind recommendations are predicated on a heavily biased and anecdotal personal value judgement pushing their own personal faves with a minimal to nil probability of actually working in your system .

As you have already highlighted, system synergy matters "big time" and one size does not fit all .... The various cables all have unique sonic signatures that vary with the rest of your system  - full stop.

FWIW there is no substitute for the time consuming (contemporaneously rewarding and frustrating ) actual hands-on auditioning with a swap-in and swap-out of contenders and pretenders. The only ethereal constant thst I have experienced is that a first start is to experiment with:

(a) the same brand (and quality strata ) as the speaker cables and/or;
(a) recommendations from dealers or audio expos for cables with your electronics and/or speakers.

This frustrating yet rewarding step in this hobby is a weaving and pedantic journey to Oz , and not any finite quick short circuit to a silver bullet prescribed destination.

Try some MIT SHOTGUN cables, S1, S2, S3 line (awesome deal on used market). These cables tame bright sounding systems, period! And they sound tonally accurate and beautiful.

Matt M

Thanks, akg, I value you insightful comments.
System synergy does matter and one size does not fit all, but my real goal is to ask other members if they have found cables that help soften the "edge of digital output without sacrificing dynamics. (I've already found the right PC).

I love the sound of my current system; the Purist Audio cables have great synergy with my components, just trying to tweak the digital. I need some advise; I think the Cable Co. is out of ideas.
akg is partially right, but also partially wrong. I doubt there's a person on these boards who doesn't recognize the roles of system synergy and personal preference in putting together a system that works for them. And I'm sure everyone would agree that in the end you're going to have to listen to whatever you can and make your own decision based on your own ears. Where I think he's off the mark is with his second paragraph. I linked to the Stealth PGS not because it's my personal favourite -- not at all. And while I have owned it (a couple of times actually), I haven't owned a pair in quite some time. But on the occasions that I have owned it, it has proven to fit the description that you've asked for. And that's in more than one system. Moreover, the many reports that can be found on the many audio boards seem to agree that it has smooth highs -- for some, too smooth. So my decision to mention the PGS is based not simply on my desire to push my personal fave, which it isn't, but to bring to your attention a cable that many audiophiles agree has a smooth top end. Will they work in your system to smooth your top end? That I can't tell you. But the cables reputation, and also my own experience with it, suggests that it might be one cable worth considering in your quest. And in the endless sea of cables and cable choice, isn't it good to get a few suggestions where you might start your search? I can also agree with the Audio Zen suggestion. Nicely warm cables, without being overly coloured, but still nicely detailed. I've also owned the Darwin cables. While they are extended, I'm not sure they'll give you much relief from the digititus problem. They might even exacerbate it. In a cash no object solution, I might suggest looking for a new digital source. But in the real world, a cable might have to do.