Old friend looking for acoustic folk inspired music

So an old friend recently posted this query on his Facebook account. Any suggestions for this eloquent fellow?

" Really in the mood for some new, smart, beautifully written, acoustic folk inspired music from someone with a good set of pipes. A mash-up of Kelly Joe Phelps, The Wailin' Jennys, Harry Manx, and Shovels & Rope would be perfect. Does said lusciousness exist? Hit me with your rhythm stick. Thanks"
maxnewid
Check out the "Trans Atlantic Sessions" series of DVDs. Also, Sarah Jarosz "Build Me Up From Bones" album.
Yes,have him go to Pandora or Spotify & get a free Basic account.From there simply enter one song or band or even "acoustic folk" & EVERY group with a similar style will be played.I’ve discovered 20 + artists I never would have known existed if it weren’t for Pandora.
I would check out Carrie Newcomer some folk a little country and a small bit of pop with a great voice.
yes Carrie Newcomer.  She is a friend of mine from B'ton.  Also Greg Brown, Bill Morrisey, Ellis Paul,
Rare but super cool project of Mark Knophler Nottinghillbillies on CD or vinyl. Superb sound too.