Anybody a high-end pen collector here?

Just wondering - the pen geek world seems rather small. :)
sfrye1
Sure,

Besides audio, my other (non sports) hobbies include fountain pen collecting and watches. Been collecting fountain pens for 25 years or so, but that said, I don't buy so much anymore, just enjoy what I have which is both vintage and some modern.
Yes I am also an expensive pen collector. This is an unfortunate circumstance, having two costly hobbies at once. I have paid a lot more for audio than for pens ink and paper. I haven't bought a pen for $1K but I have shelled out more than that for audio gear. What pens have you got that you can tell me about. My biggest pen expenses run in the category of standard Omas and Pelikan.
So, what name brand pens are considered high end, and where does Parker rate? I remember growing up in Japan back in the sixties - whenever my Mom's Japanese friends wanted a good fountain pen they would ask her if she could get them a Parker from the PX. They seemed to think Parker were the best.
Parker is still highly respected and costly if among their rare and collectable series. You would be surprised to see how many command good money. Do a search on Ebay for Parker pens and order the result highest price first. It will be a while before you reach $25.00.
Fountain pens still command the highest prices, the oldest tech around, c sound vaguely familiar?
@Mechans - Yes, I vaguely remember the letter "c" - it was included in the conversations when I would listen in on the ladies talking about certain Parker Fountain pens. What does "c" mean anyway?

I remember those pens looking very elegant and kind of feminine.. high tech with very small pointy tips. They were very attractive pens for sure.