Why is Monster M1000i interconnect overlooked?

Category: Cables

Just purchased a pair of RCA's for my system and all I can say is Holy Mother of the Audio Gods...what a Freakin Great interconnect!!! I've had $20K cable rigs that pale by comparison to what this one interconnect has done for my system...my enjoyment of music! Coherent, dynamic, extended, full of texture, color and most importantly...palpability out the ying yang...like a great tube amp was placed in my system, except I have a Krell integrated!! Another example of how the industry mavens push product and not musical enjoyment!!
128x128dave_b
I have stubbornly resisted spending big bucks on cables, so I have been using an original pair of Monster M-1 and M-1000s through many systems and upgrades.

I bought them in 1986 (?!?!), in order to use with my new Magnepan MG IIIa's, Audio Research SP-9 and Linn LP 12. At that time -- with that equipment which is still respected -- they were supposed to be great, and were allegedly designed by Bruce Brisson of MIT fame.

Nearly 20 years later, I recently subsituted a much more expensive set of Madrigal interconnects, which were supplied with my Mark Levinson 23.5. By comparison, the pricey Madrigal cables sounded TERRIBLE - cloudy, dark, and closed in by comparison.

So I don't know why they are overlooked -- a perfectly good cable in my experience.
I know what your talking about cwlondon...Madrigal cables were always flat, cloudy and darkish in nature. By the way, as I break in the M1000i's I am noticing a wonderfully vibrant midrange that is full of color and palpability! The highs are joining the soundstage with better texture and no overprominence that draws undue attention yo itself...bass is large, coherent and textured...dynamics are the best I've experienced. I think I got lucky mating my sony player to the krell...maybe the .5Meter length has something to do with it?
I have used the M1000(and actually still do in my rear theater speakers) and now I use Monster Sigma Retro Gold XLR's as IC's and Au24s as speaker cables. I actually prefer the Sigmas to the Au24 ICs in my system. The Sigmas are a pretty large step up from the M1000's(smoother, more detail, tighter bass, more dynamic) - so much so that Monster is currently working on a "new and improved" M1000 to help bridge this gap in their product line. There is a Stereophile review of the Sigmas, Au24 and Valhallas in Feb, '04 issue, FYI.
My system includes a McCormack DNA-500, APL modded Denon 3910(tube output stage), VAC preamp and Legacy Whisper speakers.

The Monsters really are a great value for the money - they apparently suffer from a low to mid-fi stigma that is certainly undeserved in the M1000 and Sigma lines.
Just my 2 cents.
I have been using the M1000 Studio Mic. Cable for the past 5 years for my on site recordings live 2 channel.
I have never been disapointed with the sound.Very dynamic,live,and a very natural midband bloom.A master recording exposes everything your cable is capable of reproducing thru the mic feed and I was happy time and time with the results.