Why is Monster M1000i interconnect overlooked?

Category: Cables

Just purchased a pair of RCA's for my system and all I can say is Holy Mother of the Audio Gods...what a Freakin Great interconnect!!! I've had $20K cable rigs that pale by comparison to what this one interconnect has done for my system...my enjoyment of music! Coherent, dynamic, extended, full of texture, color and most importantly...palpability out the ying yang...like a great tube amp was placed in my system, except I have a Krell integrated!! Another example of how the industry mavens push product and not musical enjoyment!!
128x128dave_b
I don't know.The cables are certainly competent.I use 950 and 1000(along with 2.2 speakerwire)in my home theater and am very happy.Perhaps they're viewed by the audiophile community as mass market and overhyped.They've also been around for a long time and may be too old to be a current"flavor of the month.

Larry"
M1000i's cost $200 per meter. Many observers feel they deliver less performance at that price point than offerings from other cable manufacturers.

Not trying to start a battle royal over this...just filling you in on the so-called "Conventional Wisdom" I've often heard regarding these cables. CW, as I've learned from living in Washington, is sometimes dead-on and sometimes completely worthless.
Transnova makes an excellent point -- Monster is undoubtedly suffering the proverbial contempt bred by familiarity. I've been using the M1000is (I paid $200 for a 1m. pair, Lak) in my second system, along with the M1.2 speaker cable, and they are solid performers. I'm also obliged to say that replacing these cables on my main system with Audience Maestros -- only slightly more $ for the ICs, though a good bit more for the SC -- was a step forward in overall musicality, and I've just ordered Maestros for System #2. The bottom line is, no one is likely to go wrong with Monster products; if your audio pals snicker and roll their eyes, offer to buy them a beer with the money you've saved.
Why? Because it's not good enough for the money, that's why. Here http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/108269.html is a longish note about a cable test my GEA friend and I did.

M1000i failed the test as being audible when inserted into the system by sounding rather soft...undetailed...in the important MR and treble frequencies.

You asked. :-)
When Jeffreybehr mentioned test...well, I knew he was in trouble! I didn't mean to imply that I needed a Jeffrybear to fill me in...I've owned more classic gear and cable combinations than most reviewers. All I can say is come on over and bring your ears...not the tester! You do have ears don't you???