World's BEST ac outlets.......Maestro outlets

Category: Accessories

Over the years I have tried most of the raved outlets on the market and the Porter Ports from Albert Porter were the best that I had found that did not add or take way from the music... here's a few, Oyaide R1, Synergistic Research Telsaplex, FIM 880, WattGate Silver 381 ag, PS Audio powerport premier, Jena Labs, Isoclean Gold. All these other outlets did something to harm the music in some way...some hyped up the highs and mids and others had bloated low ends. I always thought the Porter Ports were the best on the market that I had tried until I tried the Maestro outlets. The Maestro outlets are the most neutral and most accurate outlets that I have ever heard. I let the maestro outlets settle-in a little for 7 full days and nights playing music non-stop before comparing them with my porter ports. When I compared the two I found that the porter ports sounded a little closed-in and a little Flat sounding when compared to the maestro outlets. The porter ports was not as clean or as clear when compared to the maestro outlets. The porter ports low end was a little bloated too when compared to the maestro outlets. On complex musical passages with the porter ports in my system I found myself turning the volume down more...much more! When I was listening to music with the maestro outlets in my system the Trasparency of these outlets were truely amazing and I hope this will get even better as these outlets settle-in more! The soundstage was wider and deeper and they were more upper frequency air too when compared to the porter ports. The Maestro outlets had a lower noise floor that allowed more of the suble cues to come through more. The maestro outlets also had a better separation of individual instruments and vocals....more natural sounding more REAL! I think the non-plated maestro outlets have a much more direct sound than the non-plated porter ports because the Maestro outlets have a higher quality copper content. My vintage sansui sp-5500 horn speakers just completely disappears now with these maestro outlets in my entry level system...Marantz pm-7001 and matching marantz CD player, DH Labs power plus power cables, very cheap copper interconnects from wal-mart, Synergistic Research Alpha quad active speaker cables... I think these maestro outlets will become an Instant Classic!
hifisoundguy
Tbg , you should give them another try sometime, they do sound better with these cover plates on them. They might be a better match for your system now.
Hifisoundguy, you might want to try the Hubbell HBL5362 which should cost you less than $20@.
Hifisoundguy, you might want to try the Hubbell HBL5362 which should cost you less than $20@.

Tbg,

Why would the Hubbell be so good in your system and what AC cables are you plugging into it?
I got this lead from the outlets used by Sound Application. They use them throughout and provide an additional one to install in the wall. Initially, I did not use it, but later installed it in place of the Maestro plug. Frankly everything benefited from doing this. Dynamics, the top end, bass, soundstage, and general realism improved.

I then compared it with the original Sound Application/Jena Labs unit which is the same Hubbell but cryogenically treated. I was shocked at how bad the cryoing did to the outlet. Next was the Syn. Res. Teslaplex SE. Again the plain HBL5362 proved superior. I bought 12 more and use them everywhere.

Why is it better. It is very heavy and used good brass throughout. It may be a simple as that. It is not used by others as it is typically between $15-$25.
Tbg , its good that you have found a ac outlet that you like a lot... you should start your own thread about them here. We all have different tastes and we all hear things differently so what ever makes you happy is all that matters.