Granny ring, Jetrexpro, all

Are any of you building power cords with the Western Electric WE16ga? I see that a bunch of fellas on the Jeff Day Blog are making them with very good success. Day has also made some and it seems he may install on his
Mac MC30s. How about it? Any updates? Best, Rob
mikirob
Jazzonthehudson,
I used the Furutech, very happy. Made same as Jeff Day Blog. Best, Rob
Jeff Day does not experiment as much as some of us. He gave up on the WE16 as ICs before he shielded them. Big miss!

The WE16 is not the best choice for a power cord. He should have tried the 9-11 gauge WE options as they are wonderful.

I even found the WE10ga stranded to sound better in my system then the 16ga.

I understand this takes time and in return you learn much more.

I don't think there is any magic in the connectors he used on the power cords and the Neotech may sound better or worse with the WE wire. Mine sound wonderful with the Neotech parts.

Others have found the Canare RCA connectors to sound better than the Switchcraft. I will put those in next!

I love the fact that we experiment so much here! We have all learned a great deal for sure.
Grannyring, Jetrexpro,
You guys need to start a blog as well...your experience and experiments are invaluable to folks like me, funny, been at it for a long time, but never a DIY until recently. I'm warming to it with my brother's help and Yazaki-san mentoring; and of course, your stellar suggestions. Best, Rob
Second that! I have learnt a ton from knowledgeable folks who don't mind to share their experience. The (high end) audio industry has been associated too long with snobs / old farts (which includes me) until the barrage of new headphones gave it some live back recently. Bringing down the entry level with this type of "game changer" cabling and great value for money devices such as the iFi microDSD could bring quality music back to the average Joe.