Pioneer PD-S95 cd transport

Hi all, new around here but seeking some advice. I have a fairly modest setup today with a Audiomat Arpege reference amp & dunlavy cantata full range speakers (and dacmagic / bifrost dacs). I have recently moved and sold my cd player (modded rega planet) / tuner (sansui tx-717) prior and am now looking to buy something new. Intriguingly, I found a Pioneer PD-S95 cd transport for sale which was previously the transport of my dreams. I'm curious if the general community would suggest purchasing this or a different transport for <2k.

Cheers,
Ryan
mrrross

Yes Roxy it has a dac in it.
The PD-S95 in the linked pics, is not just a transport, as can be seen it has a dac inside with L&R rca's on the back, and this a Legato based dac section which I said is so so to listen to.

Cheers George
I hear you George. Mine doesn't have one. It's a dedicated transport, and it doesn't have a plastic platter. It's all lathe turned aluminum.
Thanks, John
The Legato Link was considered excellent and state of the art for it's time. I had a PD-65 which I used for 15 years. I never had a problem with it and it was always very musical. TAS summed it up by saying "It looks like its worth $10,000.00 and sounds like it's a million." I sold mine for 500.00 years ago and have regretted it ever since.
Stereo5,
I agree. I also bought a used PD 65 on the advice of a dealer, and enjoyed it for several years before buying the PD S95 and mating it with an Audio Note DAC. I found it full bodied and colorful as well as balanced.
I thought that the PD 65 was excellent, and so did my friends. I kept it as a backup in my garage, but when I went to use it a couple of years later, 1 channel was out, so I got rid of it. Great player for the money though, and the stable platter was a great idea.