Granny ring, Jetrexpro, all

Are any of you building power cords with the Western Electric WE16ga? I see that a bunch of fellas on the Jeff Day Blog are making them with very good success. Day has also made some and it seems he may install on his
Mac MC30s. How about it? Any updates? Best, Rob
mikirob
Grannyring,
I was just following your lead and as usual it turned out to be a stellar move. Have you read some of Jeff Day's latest blog posts? Some good info on his USB wire experiment. Plus he bought Maestro Leopold Stowkowski's Altec Voice Of The Theatre (VOTT). Wow! Great reads if you haven't done so already. Jeff Day has them wired to Yazaki-san SPEC Real Sound amps. Jim Smith of "Get Better Sound Fame" is also writing high praise about the Western Electric 16 gauge speaker wire and Belden 8402 interconnect; he too has replaced multi-thousand speaker and interconnect with the WE and Belden. I am kicking myself still, for not purchasing your Yamamoto DAC. It does not appear to come up for sale on the "used" market. I suppose l'll break down soon and buy one new. Best, Rob
Just found out about the WE 16ga and ordered some from Teresa for SC but would love to try the thicker ones out for PC. Which plugs/IEC worked best for you so far? I have good experience with Furutech F11 and F28. And what about the sleeve to keep it nicely together?
Jazzonthehudson,
The Furutech F11and F28 work extremely well. I'd g with the WE 10 gauge for pc on power amp. WE 14 gauge for pre/cd/DAC, although I prefer the Beldem 8402 as interconnect. Best, Rob
Thanks Rob! I assume you use a standard black 3/8" PET sleeve over the twisted WE 10ga / 14ga wires.
The Belden 8402 part is also on its way. Would you recommend any additional shielding (one end soldered to avoid ground loops)?