Rega RP10 vs. VPI Classic Signature

Has anyone been able to do a direct comparison between these 2 tables?

I have an RP10 and have always been curious about the Classic (having never owned a VPI). With the recent price drop on the Classic Signature I'm tempted to pick one up and run it side by side with the RP10.

The RP10 would be running an Apheta 2 cart. Not sure what I'd mount on the VPI. Perhaps an Ortolan Cadenza Bronze?

Happy Turkey Day!
roblanger
TJ: Thanks for the ART9 suggestion. That cart is definitely now on my radar. Have had luck in the past with the AT 155LC MM cart that was recommended to me by Raul.

Just ordered the Classic Sig. Easy to make an expensive mistake with MC carts so I'm still doing my research. Happy to hear about any more recommendations so keep 'em coming!
TableJock...one can see the accuracy of any turntable by downloading an app called PlatterSpeed. It was invented by Dr. Feickert which is a recognized high power name in audio. You download the app from the app store which is free, play a 3150 hz tone on your turntable (most test records have this...or buy the Audioanalogue one...and it will give you the speed like the Phoenix. I agree with the Counterintuitive...makes setup much easier, and do set up a VPI arm with the Fozgometer...also to be used with the Audioanalogue test record.
If you have the rack space, time, and the $$$, why not have both? I have a Classic Sig with the steel arm and a Rega RP6 but would like to replace it with a RP8/10. The Sig is no slouch and sounds fantastic with even sub $1k carts. Never heard the upper Regas but am speculatively confident the Classic Sig will hold its own sharing your listening room.
Gshep - Wouldn't a better option for a second table would be a VPI Prime? Is there ANY Rega that could better a Prime? Seriously?
I had considered taking the route of running a Prime along with my RP10/Apheta 2, but it looks like it'll be the Classic Sig instead. Proper support for both will be important. The RP10 will live on a spiked Lack table until I can get my Target shelf mounted. The VPI will sit on top of a steel Boltz rack.

Swapping the Apheta 2 cart between the turntables will be a fair way to make a comparison. Also considering the ART-9, a Dynavector XX2mkii or an Ortofon offering. I'm running a Zesto Andros phono stage and basically an all-tube rig.

I'm hoping that the performance of the 2 TT's will be comparable, but sonically different enough to warrant keeping both.