"All Things Must Pass"-Tower Records Documentary

This looks very interesting. I never lived close to a Tower Records, but did visit a few over the years while traveling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAepjF6_N68
128x128mofimadness
And my apologies Oregonpapa! It never occurred to me that after having filed Chapter 11, closing under-performing stores, and cutting employee hours, Tower would then open a new store in the Valley. Topanga isn't that far from the Sherman Oaks store, and would only take business away from it, I would think, gaining Tower nothing.
Also, contrary to what you have heard, Oasis did an in store in the early 90s @ Piccadilly, and were great lads! They did a pub crawl with staff, played snooker, and watched footie all night!This is obviously before fame and the absurd level of media coverage on them set in, but they were genuine, real lads who loved to banter and laugh!
There's a story on the documentary and an interview with Russ Solomon in the current issue of Record Collector News, the freebie mag available at a lot of good record stores.
Tower on 4th and Broadway was the meat in the sandwich between Stereo Exchange down the street and the Strand book store up the street. Spent more hours there than I can count. Also spent untold $$$. I still occasionally pull out an unopened record from the shelves with a Tower price tag on it, probably among the 100s purchased when Tower phased out LPs. Their Jazz section was beyond compare. I got to know Michael Anderson, who worked the section, and was both a drummer for Sunny Murray and a WBGO DJ. His knowledge of the music, and recordings remains unmatched in my experience. Those were great times in NYC.
Siliab,

if if you needed a glass of wine with that sandwich you could stop by Astor Place Wines.  It was kinda sandwiched between tower records on Broadway and Tower Books on Lafayette. I spent a few bucks there, over the years, too.