Esoteric K-03X vs Accuphase DP-720

I’m looking for a new CD player to replace my 5.5 years old Esoteric X-03SE. I’m happy with my Esoteric but want to try something new, I only listen to contemporary Jazz music, about 80% musical instrument performance and 20% vocal (mainly female vocal). Esoteric K-01X seem to be over my budget, and now my target is Esoteric K-03X and Accuphase DP-720. May I know what is your choice between these two CDP?

PS: My thought is K-03X are using wonderful drive system, in the near future I can buy an external DAC to work with my Esoteric if I want to get another new sound. Yes, maybe Accuphase’ s transportation system is also good but not as good and famous as Esoteric’s VRDS-NEO drive mechanism.
mm622
These two players have very different sound qualities. The Esoteric is more on the analytical side with exceptional detail. It's not lacking a natural sound, but isn't overly warm or rich sounding. The Accuphase excels at capturing excellent tonality of the music, with a fuller and more textured sound quality compared to the Esoteric. Both have excellent build quality.
I own the Esoteric KO3x, and very happy with it. being able to add a better clock/dac is a big plus. You can add your lap top direct to the KO3x for playing high rez down loads. The only down side to the KO3x is you can not run it direct to your amp, no volume control. With the older KO3 you could go direct to the amp. but it would not take your lap top direct. I do not think you can go wrong with a new KO3x.
enjoy Pete