Tascam DA-3000

HI to everyone.
I have 1500 albums that I would like to transfer on to MD
Recorder but I was adviced by one of fellow Audiogoner that the best option would be Tascam DA-3000.
I searched a little bit and it sounds like a good idea but there is a problem. Every 2GB of data the files would be cut
so I would need the software to fix that. Maybe I didn't
understand what he was trying to explain since I never used
that kind of recorders.
I would appreciate opinions.
topten
Jwm - People I have talked to like the Korg better than the Tascam. But, to each his own.
Bruce Brown from Puget Sound Studios did an interesting test of 5 A to D converters. This was a DSD comparison. He put the files blind on his website and people downloaded and listened. The thread is long, but interesting to skim through. He provided files from a Merging Horus, Grimm AD1, EMM Labs ADC8, Korg MR-2000(modded) and a Tascam DS-3000. There are some passing very positive comments on the Aye QA-9. There are lots of opinions, but the Merging and Grimm generally came out on top. The Tascam was generally on the bottom. Clearly in this test, price mattered.

Bruce Brown Comparison
Steve over at Decware has a modded DA3000 (ZDSD). He had Jensen make special output transformers that are internally mounted. They are coupled to the balanced output stage and convert to unbalanced for output. This allows for the same voltage output as balanced with a pot to adjust the out voltage. There are some positive reviews of the mod on his forum.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZDSD.html
jwm

There is nothing wrong with my system, except perhaps it is to good at resolving details.

All you have to do is hook up headphones to the Tascam to hear how bad it is. I also have an early production unit because the date programmed in was 6/28/2013!