Best SACD: Modwright OPPO vs Esoteric X03 series?

There seem to be about 5 of each available on Audiogon right now for about $3k +/- $300. I can maybe stretch my budget and lay my hands on cash in few days. In the mean time, I need to decide which type is likely to sound better. I am running a hodge-podge system made from a few 'over achievers' and a lot of attention to detail. Amps are 600w D-Sonic and the preamp is a W4S STP buffered passive. Speakers are 6.1 Genesis and most of my cabling is from Kaplan or his new Waevform Fidelity. I have no chance to audition either model as the Milwaukee area is kind of an audiophile dessert, and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has.
mcbuddah
I'm sure both players sound great. It's the sound of most discs that sucks!
I never said the Mod was better, all of that came from ur Mind...That tells me a lot...lol

huh,ok if that's not what your saying why would you buy it?.are we back to the phone call,lol...heres the thing in my opinion...its a failed concept to begin with..Start with a player that's average in some minds and worse with others..throw a bunch of parts at it and charge what $2600 to make it sound good,,,but you can also add these upgrades to make it sound even better,lol that's ridiculous.Why would one fall for that,I guess some do but not me.Ill take a quality product from an established and amoung a lot of thinkers a pioneer in the field of digital.Esoteric
I was the first person to send my Oppo to ModWright. It is a fantastic digital "Swiss Army knife". And with tube rolling it is even better. I sold it to get the new ModWright Elyse DAC, which uses 6922 tubes and Burr Brown PCM1794 DAC chip. Honestly, the Elyse takes digital to a whole different higher level. I am using my Elyse with an Oppo 93 right now. I tried a Esoteric DV-60 as transport, but the Oppo 93 was just as capable. If you can, try out the new Elyse DAC. It also kills my old GNSC Wadia S7i and Burmester 089.
Bdp...Thank You that's my point....if anyone is interested there is a review on the Modwright-Oppo BDP-105 with Modifications in The absolute Sound- issue248-December 2014, Dan only did Mods on the stereo 2 channel part of the player, so were talking high end sound by replacing everything or mostly everything in this area...Plus a huge tube (3) Power supply, which is one the most important parts of any high end equipment...Plus it is a Tube player, which in itself brings something special 2 the sound...which some people call tube magic...I have owned other Modwright equipment...the Man knows what he's doing......
Talk2me, thanks for the info...something for me 2 think about. I just bought the Oppo Modwright which just received The absolute Sound Editor's choice Award.... I do except it 2 sound great n enjoy it....but I do love 2 try Players..... This is at least my 13 Player....so when I get the bug ill do what you did.....Plus its so important 2 have First Rate Customer Service like you get from Modwright...Enjoy your new setup...but remember you still have 2 shut it off n go 2 work lol....Be well