Granny ring, Jetrexpro, all

Are any of you building power cords with the Western Electric WE16ga? I see that a bunch of fellas on the Jeff Day Blog are making them with very good success. Day has also made some and it seems he may install on his
Mac MC30s. How about it? Any updates? Best, Rob
mikirob
Grannyring, Jetrexpro, Brownsfan, all
I purchased more Western Electric WE10ga, WE14ga, going to build WE10ga power cords first, for wall to power strip using Furutech connection as in Jeff Day Blog. Then, likely WE14ga for transport and DAC. Should be finished by end of week. Best, Rob
Great. Let me know! I am building a tube preamp using a design inspired by several great preamps I respect. I will need two power cords for it as it is a true dual mono. I want to make these same power cords for it!
Geez Grannyring,
Wish I had your skill. Let us know how that project turns out. I finished making the WE10ga power cord; goes from wall to power strip. So far it is sounding very good. Needs more burn in. It is replacing a Silnote pc which is excellent, if it beats the Silnote. Silnote is really terrific stuff. Best in my system, except for the WE. My wife still likes the Silnote expensive interconnect ever so slightly better than the Belden 8402. Not me. I am now going to build the two WE14ga for the DAC and transport. Then, another WE10ga for the Coincident Dynamo power amp. Right now the Dynamo has a Custom Power Cable Company (CPCC), that I think is really good. Too bad that company went out of business, but the cable is super stiff and I think it created problems for many folks. Best, Rob
Grannyring keep us posted on your preamp build and perhaps send a schematic our way. Enquiring minds want to know.
Rob keep us posted on your power cord builds. Regards to both you guys.
Will do Jet still waiting on parts....transformers. This is my first complete build and right now I am sorting out what to do for attenuation. I am leaning towards a Tortuga LDR board with remote and display over a stepped attenuator with motor.