What would you do?

I happen to have proof that a fairly well known American boutique audio audio company routinely and brazenly shill bids its auctions for audio equipment. Knowledge of this fraud and so many people being ripped off troubles me. Thoughts?
sbach11
Thank you for the unsubstantiated rumor that could cause people to reach incorrect conclusions about a legitimate dealer, while you claim to have the info needed to let us know about a bad one.

Perhaps just lurking is more appropriate for you than dropping a bomb like this and dragging it out.
Jeffb, what part of 'all the info you need is still on the other site' dont you get? And I am wrong for starting a rumor about a dealer when I haven't even named a dealer? And simultaneously I am wrong for dragging this out and not providing the information? And did I say I was a lurker?

Besides, what is the rush? This is not about your entertainment. I'd suggest, if you aren't going to look into it yourself, you give some of the other members here a chance to check this out and report back. I've led you to water and you're complaining that I won't pour the drink down your throat.
"11-01-15: Sbach11
Jeffb, what part of 'all the info you need is still on the other site' dont you get? And I am wrong for starting a rumor about a dealer when I haven't even named a dealer? And simultaneously I am wrong for dragging this out and not providing the information? And did I say I was a lurker?"

You expect him to go to the worlds auction site, ebay, and look for bids on electronics for around $90 that could be construed as shill, and then apply it to a particular brand of electronics that sells cables and speakers? And you make it sound like its an easy thing to do, he'll have no problem finding it.

"I've led you to water and you're complaining that I won't pour the drink down your throat."

That's where you expose yourself as a fraud. If the answer is just a couple of mouse clicks away, like you say it is, what difference does it make if you name the company or someone else does with your "help"? None whatsoever. I wouldn't be worried so much about pouring water down someone else's throat, as I would be of all the crack you're doing.
"You expect him to go to the worlds auction site, ebay, and look for bids on electronics for around $90 that could be construed as shill, and then apply it to a particular brand of electronics that sells cables and speakers?" Basically, yes. Or wait for someone else to that understands its really not all that complicated to do it.

"That's where you expose yourself as a fraud. If the answer is just a couple of mouse clicks away, like you say it is, what difference does it make if you name the company or someone else does with your "help"? None whatsoever." If Audiogon members confirm what I've been saying it makes all the difference, right? Maybe I'm missing your point.

And name calling, really? Didn't think this was that kind of place.
Please stop for a second and consider that just maybe everything I've said here is correct, I have no ulterior motive, and I am just trying to pass along the information about this unfair practice to the people most likely to be harmed by it, while at the same time not trying to take unnecessary risk or cause problems for myself [note what Chayro said in the other thread]. Relax and wait for one of your members to figure this out. This is not about me. I did not buy their product because I saw what was happening before I did. Some of you bought the product though. Its up to you what to do about it.