Best SACD: Modwright OPPO vs Esoteric X03 series?

There seem to be about 5 of each available on Audiogon right now for about $3k +/- $300. I can maybe stretch my budget and lay my hands on cash in few days. In the mean time, I need to decide which type is likely to sound better. I am running a hodge-podge system made from a few 'over achievers' and a lot of attention to detail. Amps are 600w D-Sonic and the preamp is a W4S STP buffered passive. Speakers are 6.1 Genesis and most of my cabling is from Kaplan or his new Waevform Fidelity. I have no chance to audition either model as the Milwaukee area is kind of an audiophile dessert, and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has.
mcbuddah
Thanks! for sharing -steelhead. I, too, am interested in the Esoteric X-03 or X-03SE spinner. I did demo the DV-50/60 series and really liked its SACD playback only.

As you move up the esoteric chain- keep me posted.
Happy Listening!
Esoteric X03 SE without a doubt..When additioning players I heard several including the Oppo and the modified version.Didnt even clome close to what the X03se does but it really comes down to what you want to hear.For me when I read anyone stating any digital is closer analog is simply foolish.Get a turntable if you want analog,thats what I did!
Much Thanks! Missioncoonery-

YES, I want to hear everything that the digital format has to offer (warts and all). I felt like the Esoteric DV-50/60 was an excellent start. I feel certain that the palyback get better as one moves up the product line chain ( I know it does for cables/power cords)!

Which cables/cords are you guys using w/ your Esoteric
spinners? Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Im running Lessloss signature power cords..Nordost ICs with the Esoteric because I like the speed of their cables with digital.
Very nice! Mission-

anyone else want to shout out on their fave cables/cords?

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!