Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Thanks Calvin.

Someone a while ago, maybe you (sorry don't remember who) brought up the Invicta and Mirus dacs. I read up on them and they look awesome. I never had the opportunity to hear one but I was intrigued by their design and parts utilization. I'll bet they sound great.

Thanks for the input!
@mattnslip. Thanks for the reply. I guess when we have huge libraries of music it's like we skip over things we like. With the sd cards I got the 110 best and well recorded albums in my collection and I'm enjoying them in dsd quality. They sound wonderful. I don't have to worry about the server. The power supply to the server. I don't have to worry about cpu noise, interference or other stuff. I get the album. I have it up sample by korg and put it on a card and I am done. Plus the sound is sublime. You here deep into the recording and it has an excellent soundstage. Detail and layering are excellent. Transparency is class a. I'm very happy with it. This company is owned by the brother of the guy that developed the ess sabre chip.
Hi Matt, I have heard and used Aeris only on Rowland electronics this far... A really delicious thing. Hope you have the M925 + Aeris experience in your own music-cave some day.

A preamplifier between Aeris and the amps will subtly flavor the whole. Is a "purist" configuration "better" than a "flavored" one? I would not say so per se... It is a matter of personal preference, with a particular DAC, a particular pre, a particular amp, particular speakers, music, cave, mood, and particular strain of misfolded Audiophrenia Gravis prion particles infecting you.

Saluti, G.
Calvin, you can double the musical fun with your high res recordings... Sandisk has a 512GB SD/XC card available. Currently sells for $448 on Amazon. G.
@guidocorona. I saw that. I had a problem with Amazon recently. I ordered it from a third party seller at $275. I didn't know it came from China. They sent the wrong thing. On purpose of course and it took 2 weeks to get my money back and 3 weeks waiting on item. I will let them drop a little more then go in. Lol. I just hate going through the computer audio progressions. I heard my dad on the new bowers and Wilkins 802 D3 today from the sd card. The speaker sounds pretty good. Best bowers I heard so far. There is a cd by Allen toussaint called "The Bright Mississippi" wonderful jazz album. It is one of the best Jazz recordings I have ever heard. It also might be one of the best recorded cd's I've heard in my life. When you hear it in 2xdsd it is absolutely amazing!