Quatro Wood CT VS. 5A's

Like to get opinions on the Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT is it close to the 5A ( not the 5A Carbon. Is a used 5A still going to out perform the Quatro Wood CT.
russb
Other than bass you will find the Quatro CT's better from the mids on up. The bass on the 5A's will have much more volume, however the quality of the bass will be similar. I have the regular Treo's and am still kicking myself for not getting the CT version that wasn't quite out yet. Just timing for the most part, but as soon as I heard the CT version of the Quatro and Treo's I just melted. What size room will they be used in? The Quatro puts out a lot of bass and can fill up a big room well. If the bass in the Quatro has enough volume for your room then it's going to be a no brainer. Both are incredible choices as you probably already know.
Hello thanks for the response.
My room is 14 wide X 23 long X 8 foot. but the room opens up with a small opening on the long end to 14 X 20. so really you could say it is 40 feet long.
I am looking to replace my ML Summit X speakers with a Dynamic speaker not sure if I may need to go with a 5A.
Do you think the Quatro would have enough bass output??
Richard says except for low bass CT Quatro is better than reg 5 a
He has heard my 5a so we have spent fair amount of time together.
The carbons are in another world.
Give him a call he answers the phone.

CT you were right Twenty series is not subtle and add to your list Rogue amps, Vandys image BIG w those.