Cadillac of Turntables?

While watching the new FOX show 'Grandfathered' I noticed a Cadillac commercial that showed a VPI turntable with a 3D printed tonearm! I backed up the DVR, paused at the clip, then wondered, "Huh...does that make VPI the Cadillac of turntables?"

Interesting how I see more and more turntables on TV these days. And now, high-end models. Love it!
128x128seasoned
I don't know. Do you have to pay Cadillac extra just so it will go the correct speed?
Although I haven't owned an American car since the '60s, I gather that the
newish Caddies are OK, I think you can get one with a Corvette engine and
possibly a stick.
Ferraris are expensive to maintain in part b/c the engine timing belt service
requires an engine drop or pull. (Not sure if this remains true on the latest
models). Parts were high, but not as crazy as Lambo parts. Porsche parts
aren't cheap either, but there is a huge third aftermarket supply of stuff for
them. Mechanics' time/cost pretty much the same across the board, unless
you know somebody. Most ignominious fixes- owning a Fiat with a 'Ferrari'
motor- Fiat quality, Ferrari pricing. (Yes, I know Fiat has owned Ferrari since
'69).
Whart....Fiat/Chrysler doesn't own Ferrari anymore. Just a couple of days ago there was an IPO for Ferrari - now a separate company. I was going to buy in, but found out the asking price....
Whart, aren't the Lamborghini parts expensive because they build such small numbers of cars. I saw a show recently on T.V. Where one of the heads of the Lamborghini factory said they will never allow robots in their factory. He said they want their cars built by Italians.
String- thanks, i did see something about that in the news and didn't really pay any attention. Appreciate the correction.
Taters- dunno. The price when I had a late run Diabo 6.0 (which was sort of the end of the trail, after the Audi purchase of the company, but before they changed the body design too much) for even the stupid stuff was obscene. Thankfully, I had a resourceful mechanic who was very good with Lambos. I had 6 Ferraris over the years, and very few problems with any of them. I prefer the older, more primitive ones, but the prices right now are nuts. I suspect we are in a bubble, and that's happened with these cars before. God bless the italians though- fantastic design sense and car crazy culture.