Essence Electrostatic Speakers...A Bold Statement

I found this on their facebook page...A Bold Statement!! Their "entry level" $$$3500 system can't be outperformed by ANY other SYSTEM on the PLANET...at ANY PRICE!!

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/the-frugal-audiophile/
hifisoundguy
"Diminishing Returns" starts kicking in very quickly in this hobby !... BUT..

"Audiophiles" want to keep this "{TOP SECRET}" !!! BUT "Music Lovers" already knew how quickly those "Diminishing Returns"start kicking in !!.. ... ....

09-30-15: Hifisoundguy
"Diminishing Returns" starts kicking in very quickly in this hobby !... BUT..

"Audiophiles" want to keep this "{TOP SECRET}" !!! BUT "Music Lovers" already knew how quickly those "Diminishing Returns"start kicking in !!.. ..
... And if you want speakers that can reproduce the full realism, weight and power of an orchestra playing The Pines of Rome or of the Basie band in full tilt, what speaker marks that point of diminishing returns?

Among other things, it would need to reproduce bass linearly down to about 18 Hz and be able to hit 115-120 dB distortion free. It would also have to have uniform power response throughout the room. I also want it to resolve the inner harmonies of Mendelssohn's 8-part vocals with orchestral accompaniment. Show me a $3500 speaker that can do all that at live concert levels.
The dealer believes that the room predominantly determines the sound quality. Ergo, put in cheaper gear in a fine room and you have state of the art sound.

I disagree. If you put mediocre gear in a fine room, you will hear the mediocre gear the best it has ever sounded, but you are still light years away from SOTA. :)
Johnnyb53: Box speakers SOUND BOXY and those crossover caps just colors the sound..."A LOT"!.. {"The BEST Crossover caps is NO Crossover CAPS"}..SAD, BUT TRUE!!

Douglas Schroeder: What's that saying...{"Never JUDGE a BOOK by it's COVER"}

"10-02-15: Hifisoundguy
Johnnyb53: Box speakers SOUND BOXY and those crossover caps just colors the sound..."A LOT"!.. {"The BEST Crossover caps is NO Crossover CAPS"}..SAD, BUT TRUE!!"

If you know what you're doing, you can get around those problems fairly easily.