Unsatisfied with Esoteric K-01: Alternatives?

I lived many blissful years with my Reimyo CDP-777, but finally decided it was time to start the transition to PC audio. I opted for the Esoteric K01 in order to have the maximum playback flexibility with CD, SACD, and asynchronous USB DAC. Fast-forward about 6 months and I find myself really missing the warmth, tonal richness, and musicality of the Reimyo when listening to to the rather cold, dry, and neutral K01. It is not a bad player by any means, but I've just come to realize that I'm a musicality guy as opposed to an analytical guy.

Now I'm in a bit of a quandary in regards to how to maintain that flexibility with something more to my taste. Are there any CD/SACD/asynch USB players (or combos) that lean more to the Reimyo's sense of musicality? Harmonix's current line still doesn't do USB input, or decode any thing but PCM up to 44.1. I'm starting to to think my only option is to buy the Harmonix for CD playback and then have a completely separate system for SACD/PC audio playback, but I would love to avoid that if at all possible. Any suggestions are welcome.
no1willfan
For me, adding a good analog preamp results in a sound that balances out all that was dry, cool or lean. Now, I no longer think about component upgrades. All I want to do is listen and listen more - to the music.
Would this disqualify me from being an avid audiophile? I hope not.
Happy listening. :)
J.
Syntax - don't assume everybody operates like you do! If I don't like what I hear I replace it. The K-01 in my system was lucky, because I was close to getting rid of it - or at least use a copper cable to calm it down a notch. However, after further break in the player lost it's initial analytical touch. Today it is extremely satisfying and musical. I owned the X-03SE for a few years - no comparison! The X-03SE had a rather corse resolution and was not even close to the K-01's beautiful and open liquidity. Again - invest a bit more in a good base, top notch interconnects and a good power cord and the K-01 will give you goosebumps every evening! BTW - you're welcome to listen yourself! I'm located in Houston.
Coli - Is that the Metrum Pavane you are talking about? How is that DAC? Thanks.

I lived many blissful years with my Reimyo CDP-777, but finally decided it was time to start the transition to PC audio. I opted for the Esoteric K01 in order to have the maximum playback flexibility with CD, SACD, and asynchronous USB DAC. Fast-forward about 6 months and I find myself really missing the warmth, tonal richness, and musicality of the Reimyo when listening to to the rather cold, dry, and neutral K01

No1willfan Hi. I believe your hearing the difference of an old school R2R Ladder Mulibit dac which was the PCM1704 in the Reimyo.
Compared to the Esoteric K01 AK4399 dac which is Delta Sigma, (ie: bitstream, 1 bit, Saber.)

To my ears when playing Redbook cd's, Delta Sigma dacs have no jump factor or warmth in the mids compared to R2R Ladder Multibit. They are sweet enough but are just a yawn to listen to and thin in the midrange.

Cheers George