Amp pairing for Sierra 2 bookshelves and Vtf-1 Mk2

I've been running this pair for a while off of my Bifrost Uber and Yamaha R-S500. I've caught the upgrade bug as it seems that my amp is pretty lo-fi compared to the rest of my setup and I would like to get the most out of my RAAL tweeters. I have seen some pretty good deals on a few amps: Rega Brio-R, an Outlaw rr2125, a Rega Mira 3, and a NAD C352. My budget is $500-600 shipped and I am unable to audition amps. I have no issues routing my speakers through my subwoofer so not having a subwoofer output will not be a big deal. I appreciate any help I can get and thank you for your responses!:):):)

Jemidy70
jemidy75
For an even bigger increase in sound quality, you can get a Sys passive for $50 and a regular power amp. Not having a cheap active line stage in the signal path will make a huge difference.
That's an interesting suggestion. Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly would the sys do for the sound quality? Also what would you suggest for power amps?
Its not what the Sys will do, its what it won't to. To make a good sounding active line stage is difficult and costs a lot more money than what your budget allows. The reason for the high cost is due to the fact that the lower the signal voltage, the more sensitive it is to changes, and that makes it more difficult and costly to work with.

So if you're building a system and have limited funds, a trick to get around the low cost active line stage problem, is to just not use one. Use a passive instead. Its basically an unpowered volume control with 2 inputs (The Sys). All it does is control volume when placed between your dac and amp. You don't plug it in because it doesn't have active circuitry. The reason I mention the Sys, is that its made by the same company that makes your dac and I'm sure that both pieces are designed to compliment each other.

There is one thing I want to be clear on. I'm not saying you can't get a good sounding integrated amp in your price range. You can. My suggestion is meant to take the sound quality of a good amp to the next level.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to call the people that makes your dac and ask them about the combo. Aside from naming their company, they have a very good reputation and know what they're doing.