Von Schweikert VR-4

I am going to audition a pair of these bad boys in a few days (the gen I), and the seller is firm on $1500 for the pair. The pics put them at about 8 out of 10 cosmetically. Assuming they are hale and whole, is that still a good deal here in the year 2015?
zoonhollis
You could do far worse. Taste is key here, the VS house sound may not be your cup of tea. But it is mine!
Thanks for the replies. My current speakers are PSB Stratus Golds, so I'm not sure the VS's will necessarily be an improvement. You may now wonder why I'm even looking in the first place. Well, other than the typical audiophile's insatiable need to always be upgrading, I have noticed a slight sibilance in these speakers with my newly-setup room, which is about 13' x 20'. I could be convinced the source is from inadequate room treatment...but then I couldn't justify going and auditioning new speakers.
zoon, you're answering your own question--if your room needs treatment i'd start there (though i certainly understand the upgrade bug). you might like the vs more than your psbs, which are perfectly good speakers, but i suspect you'd get a more significant difference from tuning the room.
Thanks, Loomis

I did bite the bullet and get the VS's. They are incredible, especially for classical music, but they lack the low end punch of the PSB. I'm going to hang on to both for now, though.