Jitterbugs from Audioquest and the Regen

I just received 4 of the Audioquest Jitterbugs.

I placed one Jitterbug in a usb that is between the Bryston BDP-2 and the usb cable that is going to my external powered USB 10 hub. This powered hub has (2)-1 TB External Hard drives plugged into it.

I then placed another Jitterbug from the Bryston usb that is going to the Regen. The Regen then plugs into my PS Audio Direct Stream Dac. Hmmn, very nice improvement.

I tried using 2 more Jitterbugs on my 2 external hard drives that are plugged into the external powered USB, but, the sound became rather harsh and thin.
So, I just tried plugging the extra 2 jitterbugs into open spaces in the USB 10 powered hub and there was perhaps a slight improvement.

Placing the Jitterbugs on open usb's on my UHD Led definitely improved the picture quality, even though I am only using the HDMI inputs?

The Audioquest Jitterbugs are still too new for me to settle in a absolute placement so I will experiment further.
128x128ozzy
There goes Coli (aka iloc) again, trashing and bad-mouthing the DS at every possible opportunity. This includes slandering Ps Audio on another forum, which is a really low-budget move on his/her part.

I'm not sure when this little hissy-fit will end. Likely no time soon, I fear.

To keep things on topic, I have a DS DAC and my Regen arrives tomorrow. I can't wait to hear if the Regen takes the already stellar DS to a new level. I'll post results when available.

Ozzy, now that I've mentioned the DS, I saw this recently:

"Just stumbled upon Anthony Cordesman's review of the $25,000 Burmester MC151 Music Center in this month's Absolute Sound. I'd like to share this passage:

"PS Audio's new DirectStream DAC is far more competitive with the Burmester, particularly with its firmware upgrades. It does cost $5999, but there are many more expensive units that don't sound as good—and there are solid reasons for paying for this quality of player. I do prefer a *slightly* warmer acoustic in both recordings and concert halls than the Direct Stream provides. I'm a mid-hall listener when it comes to live music; I don't want the kind of nearfield or immersive sound that I feel hardens the upper midrange of strings, brass, woodwinds or voice. The DirectStream has, however, gotten steadily better in all of these areas with firmware upgrades. It now pushes the envelope in digital sound quality…..I'd still pick the Burmester for bass detail and energy, and for the musical realism of strings, brass, woodwinds and female voice on the best recordings. The margin, however, is not great. Both do very well with low-level musical information, and massed strings, choral music, soundstage detail.""

This from a reviewer's reviewer, and it is suspected that due to the lead time of the review cycle, he was likely listening to Pikes Peak and not Yale Final OS, with Yale being a significant improvement in the minds of most.

Coli, please end your little tirades against the DS. It makes you look like a hormonal teenager.
Ozzy: Here is a suggestion or request - depending on how you see it. Please try sticking one of your SR ECTs on the flat top of your Regen and another ECT on the flat plastic top of the male-male USB A/B solid adapter plug which goes out of the Regen and into your DAC (or converter if you are using one). I am curious if you hear the same step change in overall clarity that I believe I am hearing from this change. I did also move around some of the ECTs I had inside my DAC and pulled a couple out to use with the Regen but I doubt those changes made the difference I am hearing. Of course perhaps you are already doing this or something better. Anyway, I'd be curious...
Thanks
Gents - Sent mine back to Music Direct today. After a bit more than a month of almost nightly use as described above, when I pulled it out, I could hear no difference. Glad for those it's helping, just figured I could use the $50 bucks for something else (maybe some Auric Illuminator ... or, better, just more music).