Maggies

I have always been a box speaker person with top of the line Harbeths being my preference. Recently, I had occassion to a super! great deal on a pair of Magnepan 20.1's with the Cherry rails. Now, I've never heard a Magneplanar speaker so didn't know what to expect. I went to the sellers home fully expecting to be disapointed but wow, they sounded great. Anyway, it was too good a deal to pass up and now, they are in my home....I must add that the WAF ain't all that great because these things are monsters. NOW, I have the task of properly powering these speaks. I have them hooked up to a single Cary CAD200 amp thats doing 350W a channel and WOW but feel more power could be better so I'm searching for a best fit mono or single amp that will do these justice. A little hard for me because I'm a tube amp person and the tubes I've got just ain't gonna cut it with 4 ohms. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Markus
markus1299
Get rid of them, and buy some box speakers that "punch" the bass like you like.....dipoles don't do that. (been there, still doing that).

Dave
Bryston, Krell, big Pass Labs, Cary MB 500's, Sanders Sounds Mono Blocks, Parasound Halo JC-1's, Wyred4Sound 1000 MB
Try Musical Fidelity 750 Superchargers with a tube amp that you like. You will get punch!
`the mc602 mac...a few are at audio classics for a great price. they will drive anything and are sweet.