Recommended Speaker for Triode Amp

I've been living with inefficient Thiel 3.6 speakers for many years now, but now I'm getting a new integrated Triode amplifier rated at 20 watts per channel. I'm not familiar with horn and open baffle speakers, or other inefficient designs and could use some help.

I listen mostly to jazz, female voice, acoustical types, and rock, as opposed to Big Band and orchestral music. I have a fairly small listening room. I do like my bass, so if it's there I want to produce it well.

I've seen some speaker kits and I am handy but don't have a lot of woodworking tools. For example, I would not want to cut those large round speaker holes.

I also don't understand how to match a speakers efficiency to the power output of an amp, or maybe that doesn't matter as long as you can drive the speakers to loud levels.

I do have two goals. The first is to spend between $3K to $6K tops, and the second is to smoke my Theil 3.6 speakers.

Help and recommendations are appreciated.
kennythekey
Keith, that's a good quaestion and it's going to be an experiment. I guess you can call it Kennythekeys Amp (Integrated)...I'm not kidding.

It's a one-of-a-kind design by Sam Kim of Sam's Audio Labs, and he's building it now based on the feedback I gave him. All I can say, is to check out his website. He normally does restorations and tranformations but he's starting with a raw and empty Eico chassis, adding original (A470) Dynaco ST-70 transformers, and then taking it from there. He's designing the circuitry as we speak (Full Triode). In other words, he's inventing it...How's that for a leap of faith??? Anyway, I have a money back guarantee that I will love the sound...So, no worries.

Sam believes that the amp will handle my Thiel 3.6s (86dB)!!! If it does and I love it, I will then have more time to save up more money for my new speakers.
Kennythekey,

I've not heard the T-5, but the T-1.3 and the T-3.3 with all field coil drivers are really something special. The midrange of the T-1.3 is to die for. Rarely does the sound from a speaker make me tear up. Unfortunately the CAR speakers are really expensive. Even the T-5 runs about 12K. I was told by John Wolff that the T-5 was originally designed for the European market or rather a smaller listening room. If you can attend this year's RMAF, make it a point to check out John and Ralph's (of Atma-Sphere) room.
I'll 3rd the Sonist Concerto 3s. I heard them at a show recently powered by a 5-watter and they sounded very nice. Better than some much more expensive speakers at that show. If I were in the market for speakers those are the ones I would buy.
Randy (or dealer if there is one in your area) will set you up with a 30-day demo.