Focal 826W and Dynaudio Focus 140

I currently have an Anthem 225 IA, a pair of Focal 826W w/a 800V sub. The system sounds great, but I have thought of adding a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140 monitors. Is their any benifits to use a four speakers' w/a 2 channel amp? Or should I stay w/a pair of Focal monitors. Lastly do I risk working the amp too much w/the additiona; load?

Thanks for any feed back.
128x128maxboy00

i wouldn't do it either, not so much because of concenrn for overstressing my amp than because adding more speakers, esp. ones with mismatched drivers, just won't sound better. the instinctive way we hear music is in two channel, front firing--hence at a concert we fact the amps and musicians face us. now i personally think the focals, esp. as augmented with a sub, are very fine speakers; as nhtly suggests, if you want significantly better, i'd upgrade to the utopias, or soemthing equivalent.
I would make one final suggestion to you. If you are thinking of setting up another 2.1 system I would consider the Audience 52SE or the Contour S1.4's instead of the Focus. The 52SE use higher end drivers found on the Contour line and can be found used for a very reasonable price right now. The Focus line is a great speaker, but for the money the Contour line would be an upgrade (with a sub) in driver quality over what you have. I think the Focus lineup is on par or slightly less so than the 800 series Focals.
Again thanks for the feed back!

I will certainly check out both the 52SE and Contour S 1.4's, I have seen them both listed here before and agree they seem to be priced better.

Also with the Dynaudio being rated at 4 ohms and my Focals rated at 8 ohms, I and can see there is a mismash in impedance and they probably won't provide greater depth in overall sound.

As far as second amp, any thought on the Arcam A38, as compared to the Bryston B100 SST, aside from the cost difference of the Bryston. The Arcam is more in my budget and seveal AV stores in my area have it.
@ Maxboy 00

Regarding the Arcam amps, I think Arcam amps sound a bit polite & lean for my taste. My local Totem dealer who happened to carry Focal, Totem, and Arcam said the same thing.

If you are already happy with Focal/JMLab, go up a notch to the Electra or Utopia line as suggested by the other Agoners.

Dynaudio is a pretty popular brand. Thus their monitors have been sold and resold several times. If you budget allows buy them new. If you don't like them, you can always resell them.