Focal 826W and Dynaudio Focus 140

I currently have an Anthem 225 IA, a pair of Focal 826W w/a 800V sub. The system sounds great, but I have thought of adding a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140 monitors. Is their any benifits to use a four speakers' w/a 2 channel amp? Or should I stay w/a pair of Focal monitors. Lastly do I risk working the amp too much w/the additiona; load?

Thanks for any feed back.
128x128maxboy00
Is their any benifits to use a four speakers' w/a 2 channel amp?
This is purely a subjective matter.You are the only one that can answer this.What someone else hears is what they hear,and you may have a totally different perspective.

Lastly do I risk working the amp too much w/the additiona; load?
The manufacturer can answer this question better than anyone else can.
The total impedance will drop when running 2 pair of speakers. Do you know if your amp has an over-current protection circuit? If there is no over-current protection I would NOT do it. The Dyns are 4ohm. If the Focals are 4ohm that would be a 2 ohm load to the amp. Years ago I had a Denon pma700 that I would drive 6ohm and 8ohm speakers together and at loud listening levels the Denon would shut down. Normal levels were fine.

Just my experience.
My first question is what are you trying to accomplish by adding two monitors to your system? Do you feel it is lacking in some way, or are you just trying to get a better sound? Focal make some fantastic speakers, with drivers that are second to none. But like everything else, it comes down to preference as much as anything with their sonic properties. I like Focal as much as I do Dynaudio, even though I exclusively own Dynaudio speakers. If given a choice and a limitless budget, I would go with Focal Utopias over Dynaudio's Evidence Masters from both a sound and aesthetic perspective (I have heard both, simply amazing!).

As far as overworking your amp, it is possible. Tpreaves is right, only your amp manufacturer can accurately answer that question. I will say that Dynaudios are notoriously power hungry and will make an amp work hard trying to power their 4 ohm load. Focal bookshelf speakers are slightly more efficient, so you might want to consider using the 806 0r 807 instead of the Dyn 140 if amp load is a primary concern.

Have you considered upgrading your 826? If you are looking for a fuller sound you might consider the Focal Electra's especially the 1027BE's (if you can afford them, they are pricey).
Thanks, for all the responses.

I'm very happy with my Focals, they sounded better any other speaker I auditioned in that price band. My only goal is I wanted to know if I could expand the range of sound by adding an additional pair of speakers, using a two channel amp (I perfer a 2 channel to AV proccessor.) From this feedback, I can see nothing of value will be obtained. My wife will be glad to hear that.

I'm interested in the Dynaudio from reading the glowing reviews and thought they would be a good choice as a second pair. I may still get them and set-up a secondary system someday, but will be content to enjoy what I have now.

This feedback has been very helpful and I thank you.