Zu Druid upgrade kit

Hello,

I have a pre 2008 Druid and am thinking about upgrading it with the Zu upgrade kit (now available upon request at approx. 650$)and wonder whether this is a sensible proposition. How does the upgrade model compare to the pre-08 version and would you recommend this route as a short-term upgrade or rather save for another model such as the Essence?

Thanks
Christian
gemini05
Post removed 
The answer to your question may depend on your listening preferences and your amplifier. I purchased the Druid IV in 2005 and upgraded to the 08 drivers in 2008. The 08 tweeter produced more resolution and extersion in the highs, creating more transparency. The soundstage was wider and deeper creating a more immersive experience. The bass was also a little stronger. I was very pleased with the upgrade. The rich and dynamic Druid sound was retained. I still wanted better highs with more output, refinement, and extension, so last fall I purchased the Essence in pursuit of better highs. The Essence has a different sound than the Druid. It has far more output in the highs, which in my system was slightly too much on some music even after a lot experimentation in placement. The lower sensitivity, combined with my low power amps (Manley Retros with two 300B tubes per channel and about 15 SET watts) resulted in somewhat reduced dynamics versus the Druid, and I also heard less resolution in the midrange. The overall sound was a little less rich, probably due to the greater high frequency output. The soundstage was huge. I listen to a lot of rock/blues and really missed the dynamics and midrange resolution. It may have worked a lot better if I had a more powerful amplifier. I decided to keep my amplifier, sell the Essence and go back to the Druid, which I am still enjoying greatly. Of course this is just one opinion. Others obviously feel very differently. You may want to research other threads on Audiogon discussing the Druid vs Essence question. I believe that contributor Cobra 213 nails my perception of the differences.
has anyone used the Essence/Druid with Peachtree Nova? looking for a simple 2.0 set up in my office.

I current run Totem Arros (my favorite speaker, to provide some insight into my preferences)

I also have B&W 683 5.1 set up in my HT room. Dont mind the 683 in 2.1, but i dont feel they are as musical as the Totems, however thats for another tread. Thanks in advance!
some people like Nova, if your room is small enough it could work. I think Druids really need about 60WPC. DAC in Nova is very good.

If you have digital source Nova is probably good match.
Hass perhaps soemone tried the Druids with 845 SET amps like the DeHavilland G845 or KT88 amps? Would that be a good fit?
Christian