Merlin super bam How to connect.

Hi, just purchased a used pair of Merlin mme, and I'm confused about how to connect the BAM'on my system;
I'm using a DAC, and transport, my preamp is Joulet electra 150mk11, dont'understand about tape loop, what is a tape loop and where is located on my preamp,
How many more sets'of I/C would I'need to make connection.

regards:
juancgenao
After you try between the source, Use the tape loop. The Super Bam was designed for the buffering that the pre provides. Sounds much better IMO. try it, you'll like it!

jim, if the bam is used between a source and tube pre or in its tape loop, the bam will still be wired in front of the tube line output section. so both examples are buffered. some pre amps have additional buffering in their tape loops and in these cases i may actually prefer the bam bewteen the source and pre. best thing is to try it for yourself.
best, b
Man, that is the best explanation I have heard. Thanks BRF. Bobby, I think that should be in the manual with pictures - maybe it is on the website. I suspect this is not clear to all users - I now know of at least two:)
Bobby, if someone were stupid enough to experiment with a passive preamp (me), would you expect the BAM to perform best between Source and Passive, or between passive and Amp. There is no issue of amp sensitivity, amp input impedance, or, with short Cardas GR, cable capacitance. I'll still have the Joule LA150 MKII Signature, and the Atma-sphere MP3, so I haven't gone native.
paul, with your cables i would probably prefer between the source and passive. hoping that the gr cables relax the sound a bit. that is where i would start but of course, trying it both ways. let me know on this one please?
does the passive sound a little choked in comparison to the tube pres?
best, b