Dynaudio Confidence C1 broken & Cap question

Last night we sat down to listen to some music. I quickly noticed something was amiss. Sound was tilted toward one side and figured I had a cable or tube issue. After about 20 minutes of swapping cables and tubes and generally getting paranoid that my Pass Labs 350.5 amp was broken I swapped speaker placement and discovered that one of the midrange drivers was dead. That was somewhat of a relief.

Having purchased these used I took the offending speaker apart. After unsoldering the driver from the cross over board I checked the driver with a 9 volt battery and noted no cone movement. The wires are still secure but something is definitely wrong here. I called Dynaudio this morning and got the impression that because I don't have a receipt, other than AG, they are not going to help me. I'm waiting to hear from tech support. Anyone have any experience with used, broken, expensive equipment and refused support?

If in fact they do and I don't end up with a mono system, I was wondering about the Solen caps on the x-over and a possible upgrade to platinums. Any thoughts on this?
128x128desalvo55
That's the thing with standmount monitors. They disappear and they pass the WAF test easily but if they have to deal with bass heavy stuff, accidents can happen.

Buy her a fake LV handbag and you can persuade your wife to give you the OK for a brand new pair of LS6 sir....:-))
Well, it's like this.

My wife loves and is in the same boat I am when it comes to this crazy hobby of ours. So, being scared of the Dyns, we search for another solution. The LS6's. I'd feel stupid and rightfully so to sell one for another, especially given the AV123 demise, and the work I'd done to my current set.

I'm freaking pissed though. I wanted to love the C1's. We liked them and with a lot of material they sounded better. Although slow and somewhat limited in ELF they worked.

But 1 driver smoked. Not knowing why we have this dilemma. Dynaudio points it's finger at us. Speaking with some engineers who know us well, they have a different opinion. Regardless, what's done is done, pay the bill and move on.

Nuforce they are not. Oppo they are not. Slim Devices not.

Hielule5 - My wanted the LS9's...
Mr. Desalvo55 Sir...:-))

I hear you. $550...is still a lot of money, half of my monthly rent...but I am sure you know that 80% of that repair bill went into labor & not the parts.

Did you know NuForce outsourced the majority of their R & D & engineering to China?

I think NuForce gross margin is a lot higher than that of Dynaudio so they can afford a few freebies here & there once in a while...:-))

Not sure if you can still get the speakers from AV123 after the incidents with the founder of the company.

Mr Hieuli Sir, :-)

1. Dynaudio does not return my calls
2. I removed the driver and sent it to them - they have it
3. They assummed wrong doing on my part. It was after all, a single midbass driver that failed. Kind of strange IMO
4. They have a transferable warranty and I can get the original receipt but since they decided I burned the driver, it's my fault.
5. I am doing the work on the speaker, not Dynaudio. Funny that no one questioned a failure in the x-over, but I guess x-overs never fail.

I'm at the point where I'm hopeful they will even SELL me a driver since I've placed 2 calls and no return.

Nuforce replaced a board on my amp performing the labor, suppling the parts, and not caring that it was me that smoked the amp, and I wasn't the original owner. They fixed this problem the same day I gave it to them.

I guess having been screwed by so many, this positive experience stands out ;-)
Ooh....I am sorry to hear that. Maybe the rep who talks to you forgot that it is you who keeps him busy....that type of employee is everywhere sir.

Shoot them an email and keep bugging....until they give in:-))