Dynaudio Confidence C1 broken & Cap question

Last night we sat down to listen to some music. I quickly noticed something was amiss. Sound was tilted toward one side and figured I had a cable or tube issue. After about 20 minutes of swapping cables and tubes and generally getting paranoid that my Pass Labs 350.5 amp was broken I swapped speaker placement and discovered that one of the midrange drivers was dead. That was somewhat of a relief.

Having purchased these used I took the offending speaker apart. After unsoldering the driver from the cross over board I checked the driver with a 9 volt battery and noted no cone movement. The wires are still secure but something is definitely wrong here. I called Dynaudio this morning and got the impression that because I don't have a receipt, other than AG, they are not going to help me. I'm waiting to hear from tech support. Anyone have any experience with used, broken, expensive equipment and refused support?

If in fact they do and I don't end up with a mono system, I was wondering about the Solen caps on the x-over and a possible upgrade to platinums. Any thoughts on this?
128x128desalvo55
The C1s should be able to handle 300 clean watts. Dyns are known for being strong speakers. My Dyn 52SE & Sub20A (soon to be for sale) hande the wattage from my McIntosh MC252 just fine
the rowland had 500 watts @ 8 ohms / 1000 watts @ 4 ohms per channel.
but i believe what came out from the amp was direct unfiltered current.
I haven't heard back from Dynaudio but I will give Millersound a call - thanks for the suggestion.

Having sold the LS6's I'm storing them for the gentleman who purchased them. I rolled them back into the room last night. I've been fighting a ground problem ever since I got the Pass but that's another thread. Suffice to say is that the balanced cable method seems to be the only method to kill the hummmm.

The C1's are great, no doubt but the LS6's have got to be the most unappreciated speaker around. The speed and control of these speakers make the C1's seem sluggish and veiled. Just listening to Neil Young's Harvest Moon last night, I was in awe at how deep I could here into the soundstage. It was as if I was walking into the layers of instruments and vocals, picking away at subtle nuances I NEVER remember hearing in these recordings. And this wasn't at the sacrifice of not being whole or analytical. I just kept shaking my head "whaduya doing disalvo". To make myself feel better I put The Verve "Forth" into the player. I remember it couldn't play this well in this setup. Well, it didn't and yet it did. With the C1's and their 85db efficiency, running single ended to the Cary, it took more balls from the amp and gain from the Cary which resulted in some very nice sounds on the C1's. Now with the LS6's 91db efficiency, running balanced, I can barely crack the throttle to get good volume. No doubt a mismatch. Regardless, the music was dynamic and detailed and still allowed for a nice midrange and smooth vocals. What I believe I was hearing was the actual recorded event. Neil Young is the master of recording even if you cannot appreciate the ancient tube preamp he uses when playing his electric guitar.

Although it didn't look it by a long shot, it's possible the Pass is still breaking in. It's easily the best amp I've heard besting the Nuforce 9SEV2's. I'm hopeful to hear a few more good amps in my room as there's another C1 owner nearby who promised to drop by with some stellar equipment.

Looks like I hijacked my thread...
The C1 crossover is at 1.8K so modifying this would not be an option for limiting the low end response. If you want to limit the low end response sent to the C1’s, place an active crossover between the pre/power amps and direct the low pass to the Fathom F113. I currently using a Bryston 10B Sub @80Hz with first order slopes with my C1’s. This configuration works very well when the C1’s and subs are fully integrated.