HELP SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER SOUND

This is my first discussion post. Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

I own a pair of Phil Jones Platinum Solos and am considering urgrading to a different speaker. The problem is they still sound so damn good after 13 years. I'm powering them with a Bryston 4B and just upgraded my preamp from a Conrad Johnson PV10 to an Audio Research LS17. They're really singing now. Gorgeous controlled bass. I've been talking with Phil Jones about his AAD Silver Reference 5 (3500.00) but wonder what difference or improvement in sound I should expect. I don't know whether I need to upgrade my speakers or not. I think I am wanting a larger soundstage, but don't want to sacrifice the detail I get with these Solos. Any suggestions? Currently using Nordost Gold Flatline speaker cable (don't shoot me ), so do you think that maybe I should upgrade my cable first? Any suggestions on a cable here either? Last,I have purchased a pair of Synergistic Research Designer Reference 2 x-series xlr w/mpc (active) interconnects to replace my 13 year old SR Mark V (non active)interconnects from Audiogon that will arrive on Wednesday. Hoping this will improve the sound too. I guess I'm wondering if I should be tweaking instead of upgrading my system.

Jim
photobug4u
I seriously doubt that changing interconnects or speaker cables (been down that road) will make much of an improvement. At best, the differences will be more subtle than changing your speakers or amp. If there is a chance you can audition the newer speakers in your home on your system, I would go that route.

Bob
I like your gear, not the speakers, so maybe try auditioning some different brands to see if anything strikes your fancy after all those years.
i've owned the solos and still own the studios. the solos are a great speaker, but have a certain attribute, which is they're power hungry and really open up at higher volumes--they're not really optimal for polite, low-level listening. i agree with the general consensus--changing your interconnects won't make an audible difference. changing your preamp or power amp will alter things, but probably won't change the fundamental character of the speakers. if you want to hear a significant difference, you'd probably need to change speakers. (i haven't heard the aads, but would conjecture that they share much of the signature of the solos, so i'd look at something else).
I had the exact same ic you are getting. Imo, they are impressive sounding albeit slightly colored. Images are nicely illuminated but at most times seem larger than life with noticable boost to their midrange and in particular--bass. Unless you fancy or specifically looking for these characteristics in tuning your system, I would pick another--one that's more neutrally balanced. Good luck!