Anyone own the King Sound "King" speaker that can

give me some feedback. How do you like them? How do they compare to SoundLAB's newest PX series?

Do they have enough body and texture - "meat on the bones".
I am most interested in this speaker and look forward to your comments.

I have 300 watt monoblock amps so power is not an issue. My room is 24 x 18 and they will be 6-7 feet out from the wall behind them.
128x128grannyring
I am the King Dealer for the Rocky Mountain States, the pair at CES 2010 was the Prince II not the King II.

The King and Prince II sound great, a truly holistic sound and image that is equaled by few if any other speakers.

The King and Prince II are pure Electrostatic panels not hybrids. Plus they are true line sources which works much better for imagine than trying to make them point sources as the Quads do.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the King line or want to visit Denver for a Listen.

Neal Van Berg
720 308 4000
Being more technically correct, a working model of the King II was shown at CES; It is in development. The pic of the King II is in my Dagogo.com show report.
The original King is an extremely strong performer imo due to it being both ESL and line source. The bass performance is very commendable but improves nicely with the VAC power supply.
I am going to listen to the King this Sunday night in Denver. I will post my impressions!
Well I listened to these speakers at a fellow Agon members home and was very impressed. They are very special speakers and easily the best speaker I have heard to date.

For a modest cost of $8500 they are a true find. Great bass, fast and powerful bass, deep bass and well - great bass.

World class stage size, imaging, transparancy, stage depth and involving live sound. They sound like music and instruments - not a stereo!

Yes they play as loud as you can take if you want that! They can rock or sound so beautiful on voice and instrument.

I had a great time listening to them.
Interesting viewing the above thoughts on this speaker. I had a pair in my living room for about six months. While the treble was sublime the bass didn't sound right to me. I also found some issues around engineering integrity and mechanical reliability which the manufacturer promises to get right with the King II. I've penned my observations on this speaker here