Anyone own the King Sound "King" speaker that can

give me some feedback. How do you like them? How do they compare to SoundLAB's newest PX series?

Do they have enough body and texture - "meat on the bones".
I am most interested in this speaker and look forward to your comments.

I have 300 watt monoblock amps so power is not an issue. My room is 24 x 18 and they will be 6-7 feet out from the wall behind them.
128x128grannyring
The King has a built-in protection circuitry so that it will automatically cut output significantly if it's run too hard. Nice; you won't blow out a speaker. Mine have done that occasionally. However, you can run them moderately loud. I can run them about 88-90dB as measured from about 12 feet from the speakers, my listening position, without stress.

The bass is gratifying, extraordinary for a full range panel speaker. Driver coherence, texture of instruments and voices and tonality are all first class.

When set up well they are quite the experience! Many speakers are impressive, but not all that involving. The King is highly involving, as well as impressive. I don't care to reveal it publicly yet but I have running now an "alternative" rig which makes the King sound scintillating! It's an odd pairing but the results are astounding. I had two audiophile friends over this past weekend and they were as amazed as I have been.

Your room looks like it would be pretty well suited for the King, but check your amps to make sure they can handle low impedance, about 2 Ohms.
Grannyring, I should admit bias since I am a Sound Lab dealer, but given your room and associated equipment you might try to audition both. When considering such a product an audition is the only sensible way to decide. If cost is the primary concern the KS is less, but it is in your best interest to thoroughly investigate their representation and support in the US.
I had these speakers really loud and they played great. IMO they were not at all like Quads in that regard.
Can anyone expound on Essentialaudio's suggestion of poor representation and support in the US?
I think Essentialaudio's suggestion of support has a lot of merit and also needs to be considered;I am a soundlab m2 owner who bought used and have always been treated extremely well when talking with the support staff at soundlab.