Stick with Aerial 20T to play above 100Hz? Or MBL?

Hello,
I have Aerial 20T mkII, but because of room limitations I feel they output too much bass. If I am placing the 20Ts where they produce a large soundstage, which is close to the side walls, and where the midrange is fantastic I get problems in the 80Hz region. I have two Aerial SW12s and when I use these under 100Hz (and with their built-in EQ) and the 20Ts from the high pass output to play above 100Hz I am quite happy, much better result than with 20Ts alone.

This has led me to think maybe there are other speakers that would be better than the 20Ts, superb performers above 100Hz and that also would do a great job in HT, although music is no. 1 priority.

I am thinking of MBL 111f or maybe monitors like Tidal Amea Diacera.

I use my speakers in a combined 2ch/HT setup. The rest of the speakers are all Aerial Acoustics. My room is 14x18. Speakers along short wall.

What do you think?
cappuccino
You need more room damping, you are getting a midbass bump which will likely be with most speakers putting out anything significant below 100 cycles. I have heard the MBL 111, and they are very nice, but sound flat if only playing at a modest level. They sound best with their ears folded back and cranking it out, then the stage is glorious, but lacking the delicacy of your 20T which is a speaker I like very much. (I had the 10T, another great one, and it was short a ribbon tweeter from superb.) But, as the level goes up, so does your bump.....I would work more on your room, and I even apply under tables, and counters with Auralex type of foam, and this sucks more out of that standing wave. A small room is easily overloaded in that region. I even line the top of cabinets that do not go to the ceiling and this is invisible and takes up no room.
Jallen
The Vandy 5as will deliver world class performance in a 14x 18 and feature built in full range self powered subs with 22 bands of Room compensation 11 per ch.
These simple adjustments allows us to go precisely to the cause of room resonance and nip them in the bud without making the listening room look like a science project with excessive treatments.
Because they are also phase and time correct with proper tilt back you will experience a layering and dimensionality that is truly special.
The unique Battery bias high pass allows your main amp to play on another dynamic level since you are bi amping without complected x overs.
Cheers Johnnyr
If you like the 20T's, with that one exception, consider a Rives PARC bass equalizer.
Audioconnection, Ngjockey,
that was more the kind of responses I was looking forward to. Thanks.
Also been thinking of replacing monos with two stereoamps for biamping. I can then send the high pass filtered signal from my subs to one channel on each stereo amp which will amplify the bass for my 20Ts, and send full range signal (not filtered for ultimate sound quality) to the other channel that will go to the head unit of the 20Ts for midrange and treble. Or is it best that this channel doesn´t see the below 100Hz information as well?