What amp would you suggest for Magnepan MG12s

I really love the Magnepan speakers I want the 1.6s but they are too big for my place, so I am going with the MG12s. I really need some suggestions on the correct amp to pair with these speakers. I am thinking about the following amps (but I am open to suggestions sub $2500 used) Cary CAD120s, Audio Research VS55, VS60 or possibly a McIntosh if I can afford it or a perhaps an integrated: Cary SLI 80, McIntosh MA6300, 6500 or 6600, Audio Research VSI55,VSI60, or an Integrated Krell or Ayre. What does everyone think?
seanart
I have 1.6's and I would not suggest tubes. Tubes amps do not have enough control over the LF and those panels need an amp with good dampening...
Thank you everyone for your answers. It does not look like there is a consensus on which amp would work the best with the Magnepans. I have hear I should get a tube amp with some power because a solid state amp that is too "bright" could cause the Maggies to sound harsh. But I have also hear that not to use a tube amp with the Maggies. (Mixn4him suggested not to get tubes because they don't control the LF and the Maggies need an amp with good dampening.) Forgive me but I don't know what dampening in terms of amp audio is- would someone be so kind as to give me more info? Thanks!
Try a Bryston amp like the 4BSST or later generation. The 3BSST may be enough for this smaller speaker in a small room. They Bryston is magical on the Magggie speakers. I have both the 3.6 and 1.6, Bryston is great. The Quicksilver Silver monos are great on the 1.6, and I mean real good. jallen
Recommend you take a look at the Planar Speaker forum over on Audio Asylum, here ; the server is down today (Monday 1/4) but hopefully will be back soon. The vast consensus in that forum is for a solid state amp which can deliver high current (typically one that doubles power from 8 ohms to 4 ohms, possibly to 2 ohms). Some (including me) pair the SS amp with a tube pre-amp. Maggie typically demos their speakers with Bryston amps at audio shows, in line with Jallen's post. Others recommend various Class D amps (I use an Audio Research 150.2) but Class D also has a lot of detractors, so that's one that requires a personal listen. But if you look at the Forum you will see quite a few questions regarding recommended amps and the related responses, many more than in a more general forum such as this one.
One amp for sure is the Modified Moscode 300 or 600. MOdified is more refined than stock units. But with a few upgrades a stock unit especially the 600 will surprise you. The Odyssey Stratos is another high current amp that should also do a great job on the Maggies. I would prefer to have a tube preamp in the front end with those amps. The amps you mentioned above will work well with the maggies too. If you are a rocker and want to play very loud by all means go for the power. But if you are on a budget the Moscode 600 will make them sing. If you can find one. The newer Moscode amps will do a truly wonderful job too.