Harbeth SHL5 vs 40.1

I currently own the Harbeth SHL5's and I'm considering upgrading to there 40.1's but I'm wondering how significant the improvement is based on the bucks that these speakers cost. Anyone have experience with these speakers? My Amp is a Cary 120s tube through a Cary SLP05 preamp.
markus1299
Okay, Markus here,

Finally got the M40.1's up and running. Renovations in the sound room kept me from puttin the power to these speaks but tonight they are up and running.

These are a completely different animal than the SHL5's. So far, the only distinct similarity seems to be the great midrange that these Harbeths have.

I have about 3 hours on these and I'm still playing around with speaker placement and acoustic considerations so I will do a follow up as things come together.

What I'm noticing right off is that the highs are more pronounced and the bass is incredable. Also apparent is that these guys are going to need much more accoustic adjustments in my room than the 5's did. Soundstage and timbre are much more apparent than the 5's and the WAF isn't all that good with a larger speaker taking up more room but.. More to follow as I tune things in

Mark
You would definitely get more bass with the 40.1 if the position of the speakers remains almost similar as the SHL5 in the room. Try getting the speakers out from the front wall more. You can refer to Pdreher's setup in his system page. Another friend who owns the 40.1 had the speakers in free space with more than 6' distance measured from the wall to the rear of the speakers. As with most speakers, imaging and airiness would improve when the speakers are placed further away from room boundaries.

Good to hear the 40.1's had lived up to your expectations.
I'm very curious how the 40.1 would stack up w the SHL5s in a room were the SHL5s are optimal.
What i read is that the 40.1s bass is bit overwhelming and some room correction device would help in that instance.
Looking forward to your experience, Mark.
Markus here
40.1's have about 30 hours on them and the sound is incredable. What I have found is that if I place the 40.1's in the same position that I had the SHL5's in, (3 or 4 feet from the back wall) the sound stage and imaging disappear. They must be 5 or 6 feet away from back wall to sound best. They are a larger speaker and 5 or 6 feet out from the back wall kinda puts them out in the room much more which is not setting to well with my significant other. However, when she starts her protest, I fire them up and the incredable high's and bass takes her away for the moment. I'm currently working on some corner traps that may ease the situation. Will report back. As I stated earlier this really is a completely different speaker than the SHL5. Bass response is much deeper and highs are very pronounced even at a low volume.
Markus, How big is your room? Do you (and any other 40.1 owners) think they would work in a 14 1/2 X 19 1/2 X 8 foot room? Also with the power I'm using now? manley Snapper 100 watt amps.