Focal vs Dali speakers

Anyone compare Focal vs Dali speakers? I am specifically looking at the the Dali Ikon 6 vs Focal chorus 816v. The focals are a bit more $$ but you don't have to bi wire them. Which would have better bass response in a large room? They are both highly regarded. Your thoughts please. Thanks.
128x128bobrock
neither the focals or the dali are notable for their low end--if you want a full range speaker you'll need a sub, or else look at other models. that said, i'm a big fan of the focals, which are incredibly transparent and sound good with modest amplification. in lieu of the floorstander, you might consider a monitor + sub, which will give you bigger sound for about the same dough.
Large room? Neither of those will put out much of what you are looking for. Loomis makes a good point about adding a sub in your situation. I would go for the FOCALS if adding a sub. If you dont want to add a sub, look at something different all-together. How big is the room?
as i should have indicated before, i'd actually opt for the focal cobalt (now discontinued, but widely available used for cheap) or electra, which have more seamless driver integration than the chorus.