Zu Druids upgraded Vs Essence

How does the upgraded Druid compare with the Essence?

I own a pair of the Druids and have been loving them for a few years. Was wondering if the Essence is worth the leap

Cheers
bonesetter2004
The new Zu Soul has the 10" below the tweeter, which allows it to be a "shorter" design, @ 36" tall vs. 48". It has a 12" square bottom, and all sides have a slight angle as it goes up, so it has a trapazoid appearance.

They sound sweet, and have a little better (deeper extension) bottom end than the original Druids.

They are still in prototype stage, and price is rumored to be sub $2K.
I think to sell 'speakers, Zu needed to come up with something quite different from the what had gone before when they moved away from direct selling to using dealer networks. The newer Zu 'speakers (Presence, Essence) have a more conventional 'Hi-Fi' (as opposed to musical) sound. Thing is who would buy from a dealer when there are lots of cheaper used ones about?

I think alot of it comes down to the ribbon tweeter in the Essence. The tweeter has been described as dead and 'Hi-Fi' sounding in many other 'speakers.

I hope the new Soul sees a return to form

I think Ron is bringing the Soul with him to my place. Should be interesting.

Shakey
Hey bones,the tweeter in the new Soul is, I believe the same as the Druid, at least it looks like it.