Speaker advise for a new Tube Amp.

Hello,

Currently I am purchasing the FX10 by Jolida, real nice little amp for the money and specs. The tube amp is rated at 10WPC however, they really put out about 12WPC. Anyway, I contacted Jolida personally to inquire as to what speaker would be a good match with it. They informed me that I needed a good pair of bookshelfs with a high efficiency of 90db or more, better at 92db.

My speaker budget is around $500, so far I've looked into HSU HB1, Tekton Speakers etc. I am looking for a good musical speaker, however I know that at my price range that would require some homework. Lastly, my room size is pretty big 20X40.

Looking forward to some honest feedback and advise. Thanks!
chgolatin2
Get a pair of Klipsch Quartets. Don't put them in the corners, put them on a dresser so the tweeters are about at ear level. I keep a pair on my dresser and they sounded great with tube equipment. I no longer use them, but maybe I'll get a receiver for when I just want to listen for a couple of hours or so. They are 97.5 so you should have plenty of power to drive them. Good luck.
The reason I am looking into this little amp the FX10 is due to the fact I could play my ipod, even though the sound will be less than desirable compared to my original system.

I think I may not be able to charge the ipod meanwhile it plays since I have most of my music on the go on the ipod for working out and outside adventure, its not the real sound quality that I would prefer and thats why I have my real audio system at home. I came across Audioengine speakers, M-Audio BX5 studio monitors as well