anyone have experience with tube cdps'

I am thinking of switching to a tube cdp because I find most solid state players to sound to digital, even expensive ones. I am trying to audition Raysonic 168, a Grant fidelity, and audio aƩro from france, anyone with experience please advise.
FYI the SS players I listened to were Rega, NAD and Cambridge audio. I did not like any of them. Far too digial.
128x128bobrock
The best tubed CDPs I've heard (and owned) are the Shanling CD-T100 and the JAS Audio Musik 1.2. The JAS Audio unit is especially good value, with a good transport and a really nice sounding output stage.

All CD players I've had, tubed or ss, were improved with aftermarket power cords, antivibration footers and especially, isolation transformers on the AC supply. An iso tranny doesn't have to be expensive (see eBay) and it can remove considerable roughness from the player's sound, especially in the HF.
I tried a Jolida JD100 once (unmodified), long time ago, it sounded very natural...only criticism was it lacked a bit of detail. I simply assumed todays players would have improved on that. It was great on vocals. On the SS side I liked the Linn Majik cdp but it's 3k...ouch!!
You should also consider a Modwright tubed cdp, you can usually find them here used at a good price point.

I do think a tubed output sounds more "natural", to me anyway. YMMV as always.........

Matty
I also listen to a Jolida JD100...it has 2 sets of outputs from the tube, and I coax digital with no tube out. I enjoy both outputs. Listening to Morphine (band) is like being there. It isnt highly resolving...but that is not why I purchased it. The sound is wonderful in the mids...bass is tight but with a little bloom. Its inexpensive also btw. Try one used...then sell if it is not to your liking. Good luck.

Oh, btw, I also have a Denon cdr/cdp studio recorder and player that I have my TT directly connected to via XLR. It is plenty resolving for my tastes without any harshness. Though, I only use it mostly for recording directly from LP.
I owned an EAR Acute. Although a bit pricey, I thought it sounded excellent.