Proac D Two & LFD LE III

Does anyone have any opinions on the pairing of the Proac D Twos with the LFD LE III's?

I've read glowing reviews about matching the LFD LE III integrated amp with the Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 and how sweet they sound.

The best I can do on short notice for an audition is to drive the Proac D Two's with a Naim 5i. I've heard that the LFD LE III's out perform "any" moderately priced (under USD 4K) Naim. They place I go to no longer keeps Harbeth's in stock. The D2 seem to fit the bill as a replacement.

I've got a mighty itch to upgrade my system (YBA Integre Initial / JM Lab Chorus 716 S) ASAP...
notec
Dear Notec,

I have the LED LE III & Harbeth Compact 7ES-3. I have heard Proac's, but not the D Two's. I have also had the pleasure of hearing the Supernait. I have not had a lot of time listening to my LFD LE III with my Harbeth's, but enough now to know it's a special mix, and this is no bluster, or "I want it to sound as good as reviews say because I own one at last." I listen to 85% classical (right now listening to a Telarc recording of Moussorgzy "Night on Bald Mountain" and I'm getting chills from how good it sounds), 15% Jazz and some acoustic and some Steely Dan type pop when the mood strikes. Let's just say I'm pleased with the sound on all genres - and that's coming from one who acclimated to the sound of the alluring tube amplifiers - in my case a tube amplifier that had the manufacturers latest updates and with a tube roll into Mullards and RCA backplates. As we know about audio equipment likes: it's all subjective. I don't feel you can go wrong with any of the fine components you mentioned, but IMO the Harbeth's and LFD really do shine (at least in my experience), as long as your source material is also really good, and IMO the lack of very well engineered recorded source material is ultimately what holds back many fine systems from being good and not great. Best of luck chasing the glorious alchemy of electronics and sound.
Byegolly - thanks for your reply. I'd be curious to know what cables you've paired with your kit?
Sure. I have LFD Spirowire cables that retail for $399. which came with my LFD LE III. (I also have a set of Blue Jean Cables which are 10G copper that are impossible to differentiate from the LFD wire if you test blind). I must admit I'm not a fan of high cost cables, but even I have emailed about cables (so bit of the hypocrite in even a skeptic). I use my stock p/c's and speaker cables I have now. Alan Shaw of Harbeth and Dr. Bews of LFD seem to suggest in their various discussions on the internet that this "wire game" is just that - and I respect these engineers and their opinions far more than I do laypeople pontificating about things for which they almost certainly have no scientific background in audio engineering to be doing so. The few published double-blind cable tests on the internet seem to bear out that basic good wire is as good as most any other, costly or otherwise. Others will fiercely disagree. I'd say save your wallet from the wire trap and put your money into your speakers and power source, get the best possible recorded disc's and/or lossless files. Might I suggest you critique the system you already have with this CD disc:
"This is K2 Sound! Various Artists, FIM K2 HD 078" - and ask yourself, "Do I like what I hear?"
Note: I am a fan of audiocritic.com (have been for years).