Proac D Two & LFD LE III

Does anyone have any opinions on the pairing of the Proac D Twos with the LFD LE III's?

I've read glowing reviews about matching the LFD LE III integrated amp with the Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 and how sweet they sound.

The best I can do on short notice for an audition is to drive the Proac D Two's with a Naim 5i. I've heard that the LFD LE III's out perform "any" moderately priced (under USD 4K) Naim. They place I go to no longer keeps Harbeth's in stock. The D2 seem to fit the bill as a replacement.

I've got a mighty itch to upgrade my system (YBA Integre Initial / JM Lab Chorus 716 S) ASAP...
notec
Ryder is chartible in regards to the Naim pairing. I've listened extensively to this speaker with Naim and Sim as I am considering them for my next purchase. The Naim does the Proac D Two no justice. The Sim integrated was far more musical and open sounding. I run a Sugden A21SE which will better the Sim. I've no experience with the LFD LE III.
I can't tell from your post whether you think the Proac D is a "replacement" for Harbeth because you like the sound of the Proac as much as you like the sound of Harbeth or whether you think that it has the same sort of sound as the Harbeth. My experience, admittedly limited, is that the two sound very different. To me, the Proac was much more resolving, while Harbeth sounded more natural and musical. Even though you've got the itch to buy right now, I'd urge you to take a little time and listen to each before you leap. Good luck.
I was heavily weighted on auditioning the Harbeth C7s but I cant find a shop around here that carries them in stock. The place I go to has the Proac D Twos so I researched them and they sounded like a logical choice given that they're in the same price range. They are smaller tho and seem to fit the bill of what I'm looking for:

- No coloring
- Non-fatiguing
- Good bass response (at low and med-high levels - I dont listen to music super loud)
- Clarity, good separation and naturalness.
- Sound stage (I read that they have a huge sound stage)
Dear Notec,

I have the LED LE III & Harbeth Compact 7ES-3. I have heard Proac's, but not the D Two's. I have also had the pleasure of hearing the Supernait. I have not had a lot of time listening to my LFD LE III with my Harbeth's, but enough now to know it's a special mix, and this is no bluster, or "I want it to sound as good as reviews say because I own one at last." I listen to 85% classical (right now listening to a Telarc recording of Moussorgzy "Night on Bald Mountain" and I'm getting chills from how good it sounds), 15% Jazz and some acoustic and some Steely Dan type pop when the mood strikes. Let's just say I'm pleased with the sound on all genres - and that's coming from one who acclimated to the sound of the alluring tube amplifiers - in my case a tube amplifier that had the manufacturers latest updates and with a tube roll into Mullards and RCA backplates. As we know about audio equipment likes: it's all subjective. I don't feel you can go wrong with any of the fine components you mentioned, but IMO the Harbeth's and LFD really do shine (at least in my experience), as long as your source material is also really good, and IMO the lack of very well engineered recorded source material is ultimately what holds back many fine systems from being good and not great. Best of luck chasing the glorious alchemy of electronics and sound.
Byegolly - thanks for your reply. I'd be curious to know what cables you've paired with your kit?