Usher Speaker Comparisons

Has anyone compared the BE-718 to the earlier Usher RW-729?

I really want the 718's to sound better as I saw this as an upgrade path for my small listening room, but my initial impression is that 729's are holding there own. I've changed nothing - just removed the 729 from their dedicated stands and dropped the 718's in place - being very similar in size I thought this was the best way to compare.

I've gone through all the options of single and bi-wiring, but this has had no real effect.

I'm also considering the Usher Mini One as an alternative, but from what I've read, theses are very similar to the Be-718 with a slightly extended bottom end.

As there's been very little written about the 729's I was hoping someone out there may have tried a similar comparison.

I guess I should be happy that the 729's are hlding there own against such a highly rated speaker.
rennie_perth
You could do yourself a really good favour and forget the over hyped Ushers and go for a genuine high quality mini monitor, none other than the Lenehan ML-1s.
I've had Usher Be718 (ho hum) and the Lenehan's (brilliant and no comaparison to the Ushers).
These little Aussie are a steal.
Check out their web site by Googling Lenehan ML1.
I know they haven't had any super hyped reviews from magazines that receive squillions of advertising dollars from the companies that do get these reviews, but let your ears do the judging.
Good feedback. After a brief run-through the reviews they certainly appear well worth further investigation.
I have owned many, BE-718 is good and don't listen to bashers who discriminate for the sake of discriminating.

I listened to RW-729 with BE tweeter last week. Compared to BE-718, I liked RW-729 better. RW-729 had slightly better transparency at the expense of micro dynamic and bass weight. RW-729 also has cleaner bass which adds a touch more top end extension and lower/mid detail. For classical music, I will pick RW-729.

I also listened to Mini One briefly, I like Mini-One better than BE-718 as well, bass was slightly more integrated.

I listened to original RW-729 many years ago in a friend's house, thought the sound was quite nice though I don't remember much any more.
Thanks for the feedback Semi. I didn't realise that the BE tweeter is available for the 729. Is it a proper dealer upgrade or a DIY job?